John Zink Hamworthy Combustion is looking for a Leadperson on 1st Shift in the Aftermarket Group. This position works under the direct supervision of the department Supervisor.
JZHC is a global leader on emissions control and a pioneer in modern Smart Combustion™ solutions. We have more installed equipment than any other manufacturer in our industry. Our research and development facilities make up the largest testing complex of its kind, while our worldwide service organization is the largest, most technically advanced team of its kind. And the John Zink Institute℠ is recognized industry-wide as a leader in real-world training.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes: The successful candidate will have experience working in a dynamic engineered to order manufacturing environment. This includes managing the daily operations of the department in such a way as to optimize safety and manpower, improve quality, reduce cost and meet scheduled dates. Good working knowledge of ERP systems and experience with welding, machining and assembly preferred. This position also requires a strong mechanical aptitude and the ability to work quickly in a fast paced, changing environment. In-depth problem-solving skills are essential, as well as the ability to stage and schedule work through the department daily. Additional expectations include helping to monitor projects being built in other departments for Aftermarket projects. Strong communication skills and experience collaborating with Project Managers is needed. A solid safety and work ethic is vital.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Monitor job requirements and manage start dates for all projects
- Identify part shortages and work with partners to expedite purchases
- Stage and schedule work through the department
- Help monitor projects being built in other departments for Aftermarket projects
- Maintain floor stock / supplier maintained stock and perishable tooling
- Daily audits of First Article Inspections on current projects
- Daily audits of housekeeping in the department
- Write VDRs and communicate problems to the Project Managers
- Manage overtime requirements in the shop
- Assist in hiring and training new personnel
The Experience You Will Bring
- Possess strong communication, collaboration and problem-solving skills
- Previous experience in a manufacturing/industrial or similar environment
What Will Put You Ahead
- Previous experience in welding processes (GMAW, FCAW, and GTAW)
- Previous experience with assembly processes
- Previous experience with standard machining processes
- Previous experience working with ERP systems
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, etc)
- Walking, standing, stooping and crouching
- Some heavy lifting (up to 50lbs)
THIS ROLE IS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR VISA SPONSORSHIP
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf