Koch Methanol St. James, LLC is seeking a Plant Operator to join our team in St. James, LA. Koch is an entrepreneurial company pursuing a self-motivated candidate to be a part of the plant production team with specific focus on process reliability and optimization.
At Koch, we offer opportunities for career growth, responsibilities and rewards based on contributions and competitive pay and benefits.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Proactively and deliberately advance the Market Based Management (MBM®) culture
- Fosters a culture of personal and collective safety, accountability, and environmental compliance
- Loading of Trucks and Railcars as well as assist in the marine loading process.
- Help meet commercial loading goals/sales
- Emergency response team member
- Complete daily operations round, readings, and duties, which includes but not limited to monitoring pressures, temperatures, and flows.
- Provide operational support in day-to-day operations of the plant to produce, store and transfer methanol.
- Operating PLCs and DCS control board systems
- Collect and test process samples for quality and chemistry.
- Operate fixed and rotating process equipment which includes turbines, compressors, pump, motors, control valves, etc.
- Complete Lock out/Tag out and permitting for maintenance activities in qualified areas
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma/GED equivalent
- Willing and able to work a rotating 12-hour shift including weekends, holidays, overtime and callouts
- Must have valid driver's license
- ·Ability to perform the physical requirements of the role
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders and work at heights exceeding 100 feet
- Must be able and willing to work outdoors in all types of weather
- Ability to be medically approved to participate in the HAZMAT & Fire Training programs
What Will Put You Ahead
- Previous methanol, chemical plant, or refinery operations experience
- Experience using a distributed control system
- Experience with water treatment, boiler operations, and basic mechanical equipment repair
- Experience or knowledge with DCS and PLC systems
- Experience with computer programs such as Microsoft Office, Maximo, etc.
- Experience implementing transformative technology
- Experience performing incidental and routine maintenance activities
This role is not eligible for Sponsorship.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf