Senior Service Engineer
To install, commission, service, maintain, repair, upgrade or replace Hamworthy Combustion Products or any associated control equipment, as directed by your department or Senior Staff.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Attend client sites to install, commission, service, maintain, repair, upgrade or replace Hamworthy Combustion Products or any associated control equipment, as directed by your department or Senior Staff.
- Attend the Head Office at Poole, or other locations, as directed, for trial tests on Hamworthy Combustion or other Plant.
- Adhere to method statements and risk assessments as may be produced for the particular work being carried out.
- Familiarise yourself with and adhere to the client’s H&S policy, method statements and risk assessments at the particular site attended, as well as with the plant being worked upon before work is commenced and ensure that you have sufficient information and training to carry out the work required. Request additional information or training as required.
- Follow the Companies instructions in respect to submission of service reports, monthly log sheets, contact sheets, expenses and any other data as may from time to time be requested from the Company.
- Maintain a good working relationship with the Customer and suggest any alterations, modifications or additions to the client that may lead to additional charged work by the Company.
The Experience You Will Bring
- HNC/HND or equivalent / relevant experience.
- Knowledge of PLC based safety shut down systems including, OMRON, SIEMENS, ALLEN BRADLEY etc. Experience with DCS and Comm Systems. Experience with Process Control Systems for liquid and gaseous fuels, combustion air and feed water or process flow. These systems may be electronic, pneumatic or a combination of any.
- Should be willing to travel to sites on a worldwide basis at very short notice if required.
- Flexible with the type of jobs envisaged i.e. sea-going ships, FPSOs, platforms and all forms of shore side installations. Prepared to work within the current customer’s site working practices around the world and respect customers codes and practices.
- Needs to be self motivated with good self discipline and planning ability to work on multiple projects.
- Versatile, technically competent engineer with a flair for addressing unforeseen technical problems and trouble shooting them as required.
- Comfortable working alone or as part of a team, systematic and structured in approach with excellent reporting and communication skill with customers and HCE offices.
- Ability to apply a high degree of common sense and safe working practice; adaptability to various working conditions that may be expected; personable and sensible in dealing with people and developing strong business relationship in a multicultural working environment.
- Willingness to learn about new products, their applications, combustion techniques and control systems.
- The ability to recognise opportunities for additional orders and sales, i.e. service contracts, spares new product opportunities and equipment upgrades.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with combustion in boilers, fired heaters, air heaters incineration and flares
- Knowledge of various burner types and their mode of operation.
- Knowledge of pollution emissions from combustion sources.