Georgia-Pacific is looking to hire a safety–oriented Maintenance Technician for our Chemical facility in Taylorsville, MS. The Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintaining and supporting all production, ancillary, facility equipment and systems and performing a variety of maintenance duties, ensuring maximum facility uptime to meet production goals while a safe operation.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Providing maintenance support for manufacturing operations
- Applying facility safe work policies and practices
- Performing routine equipment repairs and preventive maintenance activities
- Operating equipment such as hoists, man-lifts, rigging equipment, and forklifts to complete mechanical installations
- Collaboratively working with other maintenance employees, management personnel, production operators, engineers, and contractors
- Following work plans and schedules
- Work required rotational weekend on-call duties
- Work in high places and confined spaces
- Will be clean shaven for respirator fit
- Lift 50 lbs. throughout an eight (8) hour shift
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience working with, understanding, maintaining, and repairing mechanical components e.g.: rotating equipment inspection and assessment, coupling/pulley alignment, belt tensioning and alignment
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience working with, understanding, maintaining, and repairing mechanical pumps and seals, valves, and bearings
- Minimum of one (1) year of mechanical troubleshooting (valves, motors, pumps, etc.) experience in a manufacturing or military environment
What Will Put You Ahead
- Associate degree in Industrial Technology, Plant Maintenance, Industrial Maintenance or related field
- Two (2) or more years of experience working with, understanding and maintaining industrial equipment
- Two (2) or more years of experience with lubrication handling and applications
- Two (2) or more years of experience with installation, and preventive maintenance in a manufacturing environment
- Two (2) or more years of experience in laser alignment or Predictive Maintenance Programs
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf