Georgia-Pacific Chemicals LLC is seeking a Lab Technicianto join our Application Services Team at our R&D Technical Center in Decatur, GA (just outside Atlanta, GA). The Application Services Team supports R&D through small scale manufacturing and testing prior to implementation in production settings. The Decatur site includes extensive application testing capabilities. The Lab Technician will create value by assisting the scientists in identifying, developing, and commercializing market-focused innovative solutions for GP’s chemical industry. As a market leader, Georgia-Pacific has the analytical, statistical and process tools, assets, and commitment for you to be a successful contributor and create value. As a Lab Technician at Georgia-Pacific, you will have the opportunity to play a key role in the product development cycle from idea generation, pilot scale manufacturing, to new product commercialization.
Georgia-Pacific Chemicals LLC creates long-term value by using resources efficiently to provide innovative products and solutions that meet the needs of customers and society, while operating in a manner that is environmentally and socially responsible, and economically sound. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia-Pacific is one of the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of building products, tissue, packaging, paper, cellulose, and related chemicals. The company employs more than 30,000 people at approximately 300 locations in North and South America.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Support R&D projects around wood and other composite technologies
- Manufacturing and testing of pilot scale samples
- Write technical reports, communicating the results of the analyses to R&D and customers
- Working, collaborating, and innovating in a team setting
- Communicating effectively in both verbal and written formats
- Effectively planning, multi-tasking, and utilizing time management skills to complete projects and meet deadlines
- Travel to customer sites to assist in trial support and troubleshooting
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) OR experience in wood/industrial processes
- Willing and able to work in a small-scale production environment, including periods of time in dusty/noisy environments
- Willing and able to work in a lab setting, to include handling chemicals
- Willing and able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Experience with MS Office products (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Willing and able to travel up to 10% of the time
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree in wood science, material science, or chemistry
- One (1) or more years industrial experience in R&D or manufacturing
- Experience using power tools and saws
- Experience working in laboratory operations
- Forklift experience
- Statistical experience, analyzing large data sets
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf