Logistics Specialist - Support Shift
KBX Logistics is looking for a Logistics Specialist- Support Shift in Green Bay, WI. This is an exciting opportunity for someone that thrives in a fast-paced environment and enjoys working with diverse customers. As a Logistics Specialist, you will have the opportunity to create value by optimizing cost and services to create long term value within the supply chain. This is a second shift position working between 3:30pm- 12am CST Monday-Friday and another option of 4:00pm- 12:30am CST Monday- Friday. This position will be based in Green Bay, WI with a combination of working in the office and from home.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Plan freight: manage the transportation process for specific plants/mills/distribution centers or for customer accounts requiring specialized equipment
- Manage carrier pools: ensure necessary transportation equipment is available at each location and proactively identify gaps to prevent loading issues
- Build relationships: build and sustain positive relationships with internal and external customers, teammates, and carriers
- Analyze market trends: leverage available data to identify trends that will assist in negotiation of spot quote process and improved service and/or cost
- Critical thinking: resolve unplanned events with carrier, such as on time delivery delays and accessorial charges
- Act with compliance: understand and facilitate compliance with all state and Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations
- Identify process improvements: utilize available system tools to manage cost, service, and capacity through optimization processes
- Monitor emails of customers and carriers: Ensure all issues/concerns receive a timely response and are followed up through resolution.
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs such as Word to write business correspondence, Excel for use of spreadsheets, reporting and simple formulas, and Outlook for internal and external correspondence
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience in a Supply Chain, Logistics or Operations related role
- Previous experience dispatching or planning in the Transportation/Logistics industry
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Economics, or related field
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy. This role is not eligible for Visa sponsorship.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf