ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SPECIALIST
KBX Logistics is looking for an Accounts Payable Specialist whose core responsibility will be to ensure freight invoicing and payment processes are completed in an accurate and efficient manner. The successful candidate will have a high level of attention to detail, the ability to think economically, and be able to work in a fast-paced environment. The candidate will work and communicate with the team, to drive process and system improvements in audit. You will utilize organizational and time management skills to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Build positive and collaborative relationships with new and existing carrier partners to resolve invoice discrepancies
- Investigate and resolve problems associated with processing of invoices
- Receive, research, and resolve a variety of routine internal and external inquiries concerning account status
- Audit blocked freight invoices for all modes – duties include:
- Investigate and resolve rating, fuel, stop, and additional charge issues, etc.
- Identify, resolve, and reduce under/overpayments and inaccurate billing
- Process and log carrier statement bills for dedicated fleets and trailer rentals
- Work with internal departments to discuss various issues concerning billing accuracy
- Manage Auto-Pay Carriers, including the on-boarding, training, and timely problem resolution for these carriers
- Manage carrier aging's – review and resolve open invoices and outstanding balance dues
- Ensure carrier invoicing is compliant with KBX Logistics contracts and pricing policies
- Monitor open loads to reduce the manual accrual for month-end
- Prepare month-end manual accruals as needed
- Support management and operation goals to create real long-term value through audit savings
- Prepare monthly intercompany memos as needed
- Advise, educate and coach carriers and customers regarding carrier contracts and freight invoicing
- Critique processes for better and more efficient way of doing things
- Promote and maintain continuous, positive communication with carriers regarding correct billing procedures to minimize freight exceptions
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma or GED
- Microsoft Office knowledge - proficiency in Outlook, Word, and Excel
What Will Put You Ahead
- Associates degree (or equivalent) or higher in accounting, mathematics, or similar degree area
- Previous experience in an Accounts Payable, Freight Audit or similar role
- Knowledge of less-than-truckload (LTL), Truckload, Rail and Ocean freight contract, pricing, and billing practices experience
- The ideal candidate will be proficient in Microsoft Excel and have a strong Transportation, Supply Chain or Logistics background
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf