CE & IT TECH
Georgia-Pacific is seeking qualified candidates to join our team as a Computer Electronics and Instrumentation Technician. Georgia-Pacific’s Fort Smith, AR facility uses state of the art technology to manufacture Dixie® plates in a progressive production environment. Dixie® is a brand of choice and is widely used in homes and businesses across the country. For more information on who we are and what we do, visit our website at www.dixie.com.
The Computer Electronics and Instrumentation Technician is responsible for maintaining, supporting, and troubleshooting all production, ancillary, facility equipment and systems and performing a variety of maintenance duties, ensuring maximum facility uptime to meet production goals while a safe operation.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Install equipment at the component level in compliance with state and plant codes, policies, and procedures
- Troubleshoot, repair, and maintain machinery and electrical equipment in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, and manufacturer's specifications. Note: Equipment includes but is not limited to: motors, pneumatic components, conveyor systems and production machines
- Operate hand tools, power tools, and precision-measuring & testing instruments for repairs and calibration
- Maintain and improve the reliability of all plant equipment through the use of the current work order/notification system
- Assist in the ordering of materials and supplies
- Maintain maintenance and repair records
- Respond to plant electrical and maintenance issues
- Perform other duties as required
- Demonstrate a commitment to safety in all behaviors and work-related activities
- Demonstrate initiative, problem solving skills, and attention to detail
- Manage time effectively to achieve production and quality goals
- Work independently and collaboratively to maximize value and results
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma or GED
- Completed two (2) year Technical degree or higher (as approved by Georgia Pacific) in Electronics, Electrical, or related field
What Will Put You Ahead
- Two (2) years or more of industrial experience in the Electronics, Electrical, or related field
- One (1) year or more experience working with pneumatic instrumentation systems
- State (Arkansas or other) electrical license
- One (1) year or more experience working with PLC’s, RSLogix 500, and RSLogix 5000
- One (1) year or more experience working with variable frequency drives and servo drives
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf