Are you ready to be part of a world-class transportation capability in a fast-paced environment? Are you an innovative, out of the box thinker, able to provide quality economic solutions to customers and suppliers?
Koch Carbon is seeking a Logistics Coordinator to join our fast-paced transportation capability. The successful candidate will own/manage the coordination of product shipments to meet short-term and long-term off-take agreements. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter with a high sense of urgency and ability to multi-task with attention to detail. Strong problem solving, communication and analytical skills are required.
This role is located near Chicago, IL. A company vehicle will be provided for business travel.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Collect samples at the refinery and deliver to lab
- Proactive oversight of shipments from Upper Midwest refineries by truck, barge, and vessel
- Communication and engagement with internal marketing, and logistics to facilitate shipping strategies
- Manage data flow for commercial and transportation systems
- Manage quality control systems and communications
- Build and maintain relationships with internal marketing, as well as external customers, suppliers, carriers, and terminals
- Travel and represent company interests at customers’ refineries
The Experience You Will Bring
- 3+ years of experience in a heavy manufacturing or industrial environment
- Willing and able to be available on nights/weekends based on business needs
- Microsoft Office Products experience that includes spreadsheet formulation and analysis in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to fill and transport 50lb product sample bags
- Currently have a TWIC Card or have the ability to obtain a TWIC Card immediately upon employment
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
- High School diploma or GED
- This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
What Will Put You Ahead
- Associate’s degree or higher
- Previous refinery or bulk terminal experience
- Previous transportation/logistics or operations experience
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf