As an Industrial Designer you will play a key role on the Industrial Design Team that supports GP PRO in its new product development efforts based out of Atlanta, GA. In this role, you will develop new GP Pro product solutions for our towel, tissue, soap, and foodservice categories, as well as assist other businesses within Koch Industries. You will work with our category teams located at our Atlanta headquarters and our Technical Center engineering team in Neenah, Wisconsin. You will define user experiences, interfaces and bring form to your solutions using our Visual Brand Language system. You will partner with innovation leaders, consumer insights, category management, engineering, and graphic designers to gather insights, define design criteria and lead the product design to ensure brand & product architecture guidelines and experience expectations are being met as you see them through to commercialization.
This role will focus primarily in two areas. The first area is in the early-stages of innovation, which will include in-field immersion and observation, brainstorming, concept generation, and illustration. This area will include developing a range of alternative concepts that address unmet needs identified by the business. The second area will be working with design peers and leadership in taking the concepts from the early stages of innovation and developing the final design solution while adhering to brand guidelines, manufacturing constraints, and ensuring the insight-led features remain intact in the final design solution.
Please submit your portfolio at the time of application.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Participate in immersion programs including site visits, ethnographies, and focus groups to inform the business about problem areas and generate concept solutions.
- Creativity-based activities (e.g. brainstorming & concept development)
- Frequent collaboration and communication with marketing, insights, category, and R&D teams
- Application of insights / voice of customer (VOC) into innovative design solutions
- Develop features and product concepts with a focus on creating valuable intellectual property.
- Execute as directed against brand strategies & guidelines
- Regular sharing and presenting work to category and R&D teams - Work closely with Engineering ensuring design intent, develop specifications and validate prototypes
- Creation of support materials such as illustrations for Intellectual Property (IP) activities, instruction manuals, and informative labels.
- Participate and actively seek opportunities for mentorship & continued skill building.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Industrial Design
- 2+ years of industrial design experience
- Experience using Adobe Suite
- Experience using SolidWorks and Keyshot
- Experience working on projects that have been commercialized
- Experience with freehand sketching
- Experience applying UX design principles
What Will Put You Ahead
- Portfolio represents a mix of traditional industrial design and UI/UX application
- Experience working with DFM
- Experience in Blender 3D
- Demonstrates proactive problem solving
- Sketchbook Pro experience
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf