The Georgia-Pacific Packaging Research & Development Team is looking for a Converting Engineer. Many of our customers are increasingly concerned about their usage of single-use plastic packaging and are seeking alternative solutions, creating the need for new forms of sustainable packaging. The ideal Converting Engineer will have a background and experience with building and supporting flexible web converting equipment. This individual will be responsible for working with the R&D, Commercial and Operations teams to develop pilot-line and commercial process equipment to bring to life improved or new sustainable packaging products.
Ideally, this position will be based out of Atlanta, GA or Norcross, GA with travel to support facilities in GA, PA, and AZ.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Assist with development of pilot-line and commercial converting processes that improve current products or provide new product capabilities while meeting quality and throughput objectives
- Work with R&D team and business teams to understand product needs and identify appropriate converting technology
- Work with other GP resources to plan trials, installation, start-ups, and scale capabilities to additional manufacturing sites
- Work hands-on with operations to demonstrate and teach assembly or operation of converting equipment
- Effectively collaborate with cross-functional internal teams, including operations, sales, commercial leadership, and other internal capability teams
- Supporting the organization through identifying and protecting Intellectual Property
- Attention to safety awareness and promoting safety in equipment designs
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline OR a manufacturing degree from a university or technical school
- Five (5) or more years’ engineering experience with building and/or supporting flexible web converting equipment used for making packaging, making hygiene products, or converting of paper, film, or nonwovens
- Experience with CAD from concept design to design of assembles and parts
- Experience with providing direction for engineering and/or installation contractors
- Willing and able to work traditional and non-traditional hours to support business needs, projects, or assignments
- Willing and able to travel to meet the business needs approximately 10-25%
What Will Put You Ahead
- Working experience with branded web handling converting equipment or component OEMs
- Working experience with branded printing, gluing or laminating equipment OEMs
- Experience with Autodesk Inventor and proficient producing AutoCAD concepts, assemblies, or detailed fabrication drawings
- Experience with building converting equipment which performs some of the following: unwinding, printing, combining with pressure or adhesives, slitting, folding, rotary knife cutting, or rewinding
- Knowledge of fabrication, machine shop processes, how and where to gets parts made
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf