Guardian is a leading worldwide manufacturer of float glass and fabricated glass products for the commercial and residential construction industries. The company is also one of the top 100 global automotive suppliers. The company and its subsidiaries operate facilities throughout North America, Europe, South America, Asia, Africa, and the Middle East.
Guardian is a progressive company that encourages independent thought and creativity. We encourage our people to use their ambition and creativity to drive our organization, while advancing their careers. We are currently looking for a Process Engineer to join our team.
You'll partner with the Fabrication team to perform a variety of coordinated activities that will work to build on our production, quality, and safety goals. We need you to be comfortable troubleshooting equipment, ordering supplies, carrying out asset care during daily manufacturing. You'll work with the process team, co-workers, team leads, and supervisors to develop their skills and improve our MBM culture.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Build a foundational understanding of the coater and fabrication operations and process.
- Develop safe, compliant, and reliable operations through standard work procedures and statistical process control.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and optimization.
- Ownership of output quality, production results, and process waste.
- Guide troubleshooting and problem-solving events.
- Support the Operations team in a 24/7/365 environment.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Strong problem-solving and project management skills
- Statistical data analysis and interpretation
- Solid communication and presentation skills
- General computer knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Self-driven and motivated
- Capable of leading or supporting, with the ability to work as an individual or as part of a cross functional team
What Will Put You Ahead
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial/Operations Engineering, Materials Science, or another STEM field
- Vacuum coating process and equipment knowledge
- Coating metrology knowledge
- Familiarity with data collection, SQL and database design
This role is not supporting Visa sponsorship at this time.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf