Finance Data Manager
Georgia-Pacific’s Controller’s organization is seeking a Finance Data Manager. A critical role within the Finance Data Governance team, the incumbent will help accelerate data management improvements by developing a deep understanding of GP’s accounting processes, supporting critical data, and the standard of care required to ensure data are fit for use.
Essential to success in this role is the ability to build strong partnerships with key business and technology stakeholders, lead matrixed teams through the completion of data management objectives, improve GP’s data literacy, and assure data quality standards are achieved. The ideal candidate will have strong accounting skills, data analysis and management skills, strong business acumen, and leverage these competencies to provide stewardship and oversight of key financial data.
Finance Data Governance Vision: In alignment with the Enterprise Data Strategy and Governance framework, Finance Data Governance seeks to enable financial insights and outcomes through an operating model that provides consistent, reusable, timely and trusted data. This will be achieved through the application of the MBM® Framework and Guiding Principles as we transform information gathering into data that is managed as an enterprise-wide asset.
Georgia-Pacific is one of the world’s leading makers of tissue, pulp, packaging, building products and related chemicals. You may recognize our household brands, such as Brawny® paper towels, Quilted Northern® bath tissue and Dixie® cups and tableware. If you’re in the construction business, you’re probably familiar with our gypsum panels and other quality building materials. Even if you work in aerospace, mining or facilities management, Georgia-Pacific products may be part of your day.
Georgia-Pacific is a subsidiary of Koch Industries, Inc. – the largest privately held company in the United States.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Provide Data Management guidance to BP (Building Products), CPG (Consumer Products Group) and P&C (Packaging and Cellulose) finance teams, supporting and enhancing data requirements
- Partner with key Business Data and IT Systems SMEs to identify data that is critical to the success of GP’s digital transformation programs (Critical Data Elements)
- Capture metadata and business rule requirements for critical data and metrics
- Profile data using business rules to establish data quality insights and ongoing quality metrics
- Establish preventative and detective data quality controls, both technical and operational
- Perform root cause analysis for and drive the resolution of complex data quality issues
- Identify Master and Reference data opportunities to further advance GP’s data management agenda
- Facilitate collaboration and lead project conversations regarding data-change impact analysis, to mitigate risks to the data supply chain. (Data Change Management)
- Help establish and maintain data related policies, processes, standards, and frameworks
- Embrace your role and execute responsibilities independently within your established decision rights
- Advance the Market-Based Management® (MBM®) culture by applying and reinforcing the company’s Guiding Principles
- Demonstrated understanding of core Data Management and Governance principles: Metadata Management, Data Quality Management, Data Stewardship, Data Change Management, and Data Classification and Privacy
- Technical proficiency with data, querying databases, data profiling, data analysis, data cleansing, and data validation
- Strong analytical and problem‐solving capabilities, including the ability to clearly define problems, collect data from a variety of sources, establish facts, draw valid/profitable conclusions, and influence others through effective communication
- Ability to simplify complex or foreign data concepts to communicate work in a way that resonates with business teammates
- Experience leading and influencing for data management programs and the ability to motivate others toward deliverables and goals
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting, Finance, Business, Information Systems, or relevant field
- Strong understanding of core Data Management and Governance principles
- Experience with database query languages
- Experience with data profiling and data profiling techniques
- Experience with project management methodologies and tools
- MS PowerPoint (creating large decks, embedding/linking data and media, creating templates, graphic designs and crisp formatting)
- MS Excel (spreadsheet creation/editing, pivot tables, data manipulation/analysis and formula creation)
- MS Project (planning, scheduling, timeline, collaborating)
- MS SharePoint (secure document management and collaboration
- Visio (diagrams, flowcharts, linking data from external sources)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Certified Public Accountant
- Manufacturing experience
- Master and Reference data experience
- Data modeling and architecture exposure
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf