ROTATING EQUIPMENT MECHANIC
Koch Fertilizer Ft. Dodge, Iowa is seeking a motivated individual for the position of Rotating Equipment Mechanic. This position is responsible for troubleshooting, completing preventative maintenance tasks, repairing, replacing, and overhauling rotating equipment.
This position works Monday – Thursday (7:00 AM-5:30 PM) but will require Fridays when needed and will occasionally respond to callouts and work overtime as needed. This position works outdoors in various weather conditions and on occasion the Rotating Equipment Mechanics will work at heights exceeding 100 feet.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Preventative maintenance work and repairs on rotating equipment from small water pumps to high-speed multi-component compressor trains
- Predictive maintenance technologies like hand-held vibration monitoring, ultra-sonic detection (UE) and lube-oil analysis (MLT/MLA) on rotating equipment
- Alignment of rotating equipment with laser alignment and reverse dial indicators
- Precision maintenance repairs and the use of precision measuring tools
- Steam turbine preventative maintenance and repair
- Horizontal and vertical pump repair
- Manage daily workflow activities and work orders utilizing a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Centrifugal and reciprocating compressor preventative maintenance and repair
- Troubleshooting equipment failures and deficiencies
- Improve, develop and implement maintenance process improvements and efficiencies
- Lift 75 lbs from floor to waist
- Lift 50 lbs from waist to crown
- Lift 37 lbs horizontally
- Pushing and pulling up to 100 lbs.
- Low work including kneeling/squatting
- Climb a ladder and stairs
- Ability to be medically approved to participate in the respiratory protection and HAZWOPER programs.
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in designated areas
The Experience You Will Bring
- HS Diploma or GED
- Experience in a maintenance field
- Ability to read and understand a technical manual for developing repair plans for rotating equipment.
- Experience with precision measurement tools
- Experience working with rotating equipment or equivalent education
- Able to meet the physical requirements of the role
What Will Put You Ahead
- Technical or trade school degree
- Experience working in a chemical plant
- Knowledge of the alignment process, pump rebuilds and vibration and oil analysis
- Industrial experience working with rotating equipment such as gearboxes, blowers, laser alignments or equivalent education
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test, physical abilities test, and medical evaluation.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf