John Zink Hamworthy Combustion is seeking an entry level CFD Engineer to work in our CFD Group. This group is part of our Global Process and Technology Group with responsibility for technology development, product development, and process engineering for our engineered combustion and emissions solutions businesses. We serve the international refining, petro-chemical, and power generation markets. The CFD Group also provides technical support on commercial projects for our Flare, Burner, Thermal Oxidizer, and Vapor Control technologies. This position is in Tulsa, OK.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- The primary responsibility of this role is to own and execute CFD projects from the proposal stage through analysis, reporting, and presentation.
- Contribute to long-term business growth through technology and product development
- Work with the business units to leverage CFD simulation capabilities to improve product designs, improve understanding of our products and technologies, reduce process/warranty risk, and assist the order acquisition phase by demonstrating technical superiority and generating innovative solutions for our customers.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Hands-on experience with ANSYS FLUENT and or STAR-CCM+ or other commercial CFD software
- Knowledge and understanding of fluid mechanics in particular multiphase flow
What Will Put You Ahead
- Master’s Degree or Doctorate in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering or related discipline
- Experience working in the oil and gas industry
- 3+ years using commercial CFD code
- Hands on experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English language
- Excellent organizational skills
- Team spirit
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com