Production Supervisor-Dudley, NC
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Production Supervisor at our Plywood facility in Dudley, NC. The Production Supervisor will lead a wood productions production team to work injury-free/incident free in a continuous manufacturing environment.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Supervise/coordinate production efforts that drive improvement in all associated work processes affecting EHS, compliance, reliability, quality, production and costs.
- Support the MPO (Machine Paced Operation) Process System to align and optimize the manufacturing enterprise in delivering value to the business.
- Facilitate team development and growth, employee skill development, problem-solving and resolution, building employee commitment and ownership and holding employees accountable.
- Drive safety excellence through promoting employee involvement, ownership, and accountability to proactively eliminate hazards.
- Monitor product quality and provide direction to crew members to maximize efficiency.
- Assist with troubleshooting production issues.
- Provide safety training to crew members.
- Provide coaching; team development/performance management.
- Complete data entry responsibilities and generate reports.
- Team size may range from 15 – 40 members. Must be flexible with shift and/or departmental assignment. Shift schedules could change during employment.
The Experience You Will Bring
- A high school diploma or GED
- Two (2) or more years of supervisory experience in industrial manufacturing or military environment.
- Must have a solid working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and ability to learn various PC-based production reporting systems applications.
- Must be able and willing to work flexible work schedules and department changes
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor's Degree or higher with a preference in a technical or business discipline.
- Three (3) or more years of supervisory experience in an industrial manufacturing or military environment.
- Two (2) or more years of supervisory experience in the plywood industry.
- Experience using a Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS).
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf