Georgia-Pacific has an immediate opening for an Area Manager – in our Wood and Fiber Supply organization. This role will be based out of Georgia Pacific Headquarters in Atlanta, GA.
Georgia-Pacific Wood and Fiber Supply is key to ensuring that GP's 80+ mills maintain a constant flow of logs, wood fiber and chips. W&FS operates in some 15 U.S. states, and sources its wood from private lands owned by industrial, institutional, or individual landowners. Reporting to the MS/AL Group Fiber Manager, this individual will be responsible for working with a team of professionals who maximize long-term value for the MS AL Fiber Area.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Environmental, Health and Safety excellence – Pursue excellence in these areas for all aspects of performance. Understand and apply the risk management system (RMS).
- 10,000% Compliance – manage operations by setting high expectations for compliance including the Code of Conduct.
- Participate in the development of long and short-term sales/sourcing strategies for MS/AL Fiber Area. Apply MBM® for lowest cost/highest value sourcing/sales.
- Communication – direct communication with broad range of suppliers and customers as well as regional WFS leadership. Support innovation and experimentation for both WFS and manufacturing. Stay abreast of issues and respond appropriately
- Ensure that business risk profiles are understood and implemented in Group sourcing plans
- Participating in all business projects by providing WFS point-of-view and support
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Forestry, Procurement, Marketing or Supply Chain - OR- In Lieu of Degree 10 or more years of experience in Wood & Fiber Supply Operations
- Five or more years of experience in wood and fiber supply operations
- Experience of Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook
- Limited travel with some overnight travel
What Will Put You Ahead:
- MBA or master’s degree or higher in Forestry, Procurement, Supply Chain, or related field
- Experience communicating (verbal, written, graphical) with Business Leaders, and other significant stakeholders
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf