The Improvement Engineer role will be a vital member of Operational Engineering, transforming the organization through Incremental, Innovative, and Cultural improvements within the plants. This position reports directly to the Operations Improvement Manager they will provide coaching and challenge to plant leadership, process owners and personnel developing strategy to achieve what good looks like within engineering improvement. This role will help coordinate expectations, educate, and drive Improvements at the lowest opportunity cost using the Market Based Management Framework and Mental Models with Lean Tools.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate SRG Global management philosophy having a solid foundation of virtue. They will be a team player/coach, positive influencer, self-motivated, innovative, mutually benefit minded, detail orientated, organized, skilled at computer and communication.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Coordinate Events
- Gemba, Project Improvement, Problem Solving.
- Innovation and Ideation.
- Advance OP’s Improvement Team Site Platform
- Program Manage OI Team site within plant.
- Train how to effectively use the site for optimized benefit.
- Prioritize Asset Strategy Alignment
- Facilitate strategy at plant for opportunities and activities to capture them.
- Interface with plant Leadership, Process owners, and plant personnel.
- Flexible to travel.
- Drive robust ECR process within plant.
- Facilitate Learning
- Emulate MBM Management Philosophy.
- Lead Decision Making Framework discussions.
- Resource for Lean Tool Fundamentals.
- Nurture MBM Philosophy in themselves and others.
- Manage Retention of Gains
- Track the measurables of projects using available tools.
- Identify ECR changes needed, approved, and tracked.
The Experience You Will Bring
- A Bachelor's degree or higher, OR in lieu of a degree 3 or more years of experience in a manufacturing environment participating in continuous improvement projects
- Working knowledge of Lean Tools, and ability to coach and participate in team settings.
- Able to lead from front of the room and shop floor, and demonstrate Effective Active Listening.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Demonstrate Market Based Management Guiding Principles.
- Familiar with MBM Framework and Decision Making Framework.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf