Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor
Georgia-Pacific’s Consumer Products Group is seeking qualified professionals to consider for their Maintenance Supervisor opportunity to support the Kraft Paper Machine maintenance department at our Paper Mill in Palatka, FL. This is a key leadership role that will provide direction to maintenance personnel. Through leadership, clear expectations will be set and crews and individual team members will be held accountable for results in their perspective roles including: environmental, health & safety (EHS), compliance, quality, and reliability. This role will report to the Maintenance & Reliability Leader.
The successful candidate will exemplify Market Based Management (MBM®) and will advance our culture by ensuring that the organization is aligned and capable and that all employees behave in a manner consistent with our MBM® Guiding Principles.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Lead and mentor employees to apply MBM® in ways that are consistent with our Guiding Principles. Lead the organization toward excellence in safety, environmental, health, and compliance by identifying and resolving hazards with critical and high risks (risk management).
- Lead, mentor, coach and hold direct reports accountable for maintenance department results that are impacted by people performance and capability. This includes and mechanical work process/reliability strategies, daily and outage work execution, and planning.
- Ensure the annual performance development process is successfully carried out for employees in the department: individual roles, responsibilities, and expectations (RRE’s) are aligned with mill and department goals and ongoing meaningful coaching is provided.
- Manage the environmental, health and safety risk associated with site maintenance activity. Staff and develop the capability of the maintenance organization in alignment with the corporate culture of Market Based Management. Support mill as a knowledgeable resource for mechanical systems.
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- 5 or more years of mechanical maintenance experience within a manufacturing, industrial or military environment
- Leadership experience with responsibility for direct reports within a manufacturing environment
- Experience using Microsoft Office Software such as Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience with reliability concepts and implementing precision maintenance techniques to improve equipment reliability
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering
- 3 or more years of experience as a supervisor/manager with responsibility for direct reports
- Experience with systems such as SAP or other CMMS's
- Experience with maintenance workflow systems
- Experience using preventive and predictive maintenance programs
- Experience in Capital Budgeting; capital project management; as well as the experience with budgeting for the maintenance department
- Experience as a leader of maintenance or process engineering
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf