Operator I (Press Support)
Operator I (Press Support)
Our facility in Hosford, FL is looking for Operator I (Press Support) to provide troubleshooting and support in our Press area to ensure efficient operation of equipment.
Our team works rotating 12-hour shifts, weekends, holidays, and OT as needed. Our Operator 1 (Press Support) position pays $17.50/hr+ depending on experience, bonus eligibility, competitive benefits, and 401k.
Physical aspects include but are not limited to climbing stairs, ladders, working from heights, hot/cold weather environments, confined spaces, lifting 50 lbs or greater and standing for an entire 12-hour shift. Employees are required to test competency to obtain a license for operating mobile equipment.
Our facility in Hosford, FL uses some of the most advanced technology to create the specialty brand of Blue-Ribbon Oriented Strand Board (OSB). This type of OSB is used for floor, wall, and roof sheathing in residential and light commercial construction applications. To learn more about Georgia-Pacific’s OSB Division please visit: www.buildgp.com/plywood-osb.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Conduct visual checks of equipment to detect any developing issues and advise Press Operator of any discoveries
- Take direction from Press Operator to assist in troubleshooting production or quality issues on the production line
- Assist maintenance personnel in troubleshooting repetitive downtime issues
- Conduct daily housekeeping duties to keep work area safe and clean
- Understand process flow and use of manual controls to control upset conditions
- Assist Safety Manager with monitoring area for indoor air quality
- Maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations including wearing required PPE
- Utilize tablet and/or computer to log issues and document findings
- Cover for Operator and Support positions in the absence of original employee
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
What Will Put You Ahead
- A minimum of two (2) years of manufacturing experience
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com