Production & Shipping Operator
Georgia-Pacific is looking for safety-orientated individuals to join our team as Production & Shipping Operators in Cumberland City, TN. Do you enjoy working in a team environment? Are you motivated to meet production and quality goals? Operators create value by manufacturing high-quality wallboard while learning a variety of departmental positions. Our Operators work up to a 12.5 hour rotating shift that includes weekends, holidays, and overtime as needed.
We offer competitive pay based on experience with OT available. We also offer benefits, 401K match.
Georgia-Pacific employees strive for compliance, safety, and health excellence while achieving an injury free workplace. If you possess a positive work ethic and a willingness to learn, then we are interested in learning more about you!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Operating production equipment and machinery
- Working as part of a team to exceed safety, production, and quality goals
- Performing quality checks and keeping designated work area clean throughout shift
- Assisting crew members with setups, troubleshooting, asset care duties and making minor machine adjustments
- Operate mobile equipment and obtain mobile equipment certification
- Perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to 12.5 hours a day, in a hot, cold, humid, noisy, industrial environment
- Adhere to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma or GED
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience troubleshooting equipment in a manufacturing setting
- One (1) year or more of experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Experience using a computer for record-keeping and documentation functions
- Experience with forklift or other mobile equipment
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com