Koch Specialty Plant Services, LLC (KSPS) is a world leader for providing tower, vessel, and mass transfer equipment services to the refining and chemical industry. We attained this leadership position by applying Market-Based Management®, our unique business philosophy that combines core values with a focused business approach. Integrity, compliance and customer focus are paramount to our success and KSPS' industry leading position as a specialty tower, vessel and mass transfer internals service provider has been solidified in the market place because, quite simply, ''we do what we say we can do''.
There are many ways to define value. For KSPS, meeting our commitments and exceeding customer expectations are key measures when it comes to quantifying the true value of a deliverable. Unlike anyone else, KSPS has the ability to integrate people, experience, discipline, knowledge, and our unique market-based management business philosophy to deliver the best value proposition in the industry.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Coordinate and direct the work of contractors responsible for blinding, opening, cleaning, inspection, and repair of industrial equipment in a turnaround environment including heat exchangers, pressure vessels, & piping.
- Work with contractors in planning construction work, process inspections, isolation plans, & creating work packages. Must have solid working knowledge of materials and equipment involved in plant construction.
- Ability to coordinate delivery of materials and equipment with corporate purchasing/warehousing departments. Oversee and direct daily work of material trackers/handlers.
- Identify Contractor Change request and ensure they are reviewed / approved in a timely manner.
- Plan and track all items entering and leaving the job site (process equipment, construction materials, rental equipment, consumables)
- Assist Construction Manager with planning and execution of construction schedule. Communicate with Client on progress and schedule. Attend construction / turnaround update meetings.
- Work closely with QC department to complete inspections and job data books. Work with contractor to review and log all RFI’s and NCR’s.
- Maintain constant communication with field supervision and project manager to discuss work to be completed throughout the project and ensure the project is on schedule and provide input to Cost group on forecast expenditures.
- Manage subcontractors onsite to ensure their work is being completed on time, safety, and within the quality requirements and specifications of the project.
- Work with crane advisor and contractor on all lifts to be performed.
- Manage vendor relationships and their equipment for whole life cycle of a project.
- Manages Purchase Order process and oversees shipping and receiving of materials and equipment to the jobsite.
- Ability to manage logistical details of construction projects from grassroots to mechanical completion.
- Actively participate in a strong safety culture. Be able to identify project risks and provide mitigations.
- Pre-Turnaround Work Schedule: (5) 10-hour dayshifts Monday – Friday
- Turnaround Work Schedule: (7) 12-hour shifts (dayshift & nightshift)
- Compensation package includes travel and living allowance when working more than 75 miles from home
The Experience You Will Bring
- Eight years or more of general petrochemical turnaround / construction experience
- Four years or more of Supervisory / Construction Coordinator experience in petrochemical turnaround / construction industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with turnaround/construction work package development, updates and closeout to accomplish documentation requirements
- Able to read and interpret engineering drawings or blueprints and be able to utilize them to assist in planning efforts.
- Must be able to provide your own transportation to job locations throughout the US.
- Candidates must be able to meet all company and customer qualifications to access job site including training requirements
What Will Put You Ahead
- Two years or more of industrial plant experience blinding, opening, cleaning, inspection and repair of industrial heat exchangers, pressure vessels, etc.
- Two years or more of liaison experience in a petrochemical turnaround or construction environment
- Working Knowledge of P6
- Vocational training is preferred
- Basic Plus Orientation and Confined Space Training
- TWIC Card
- Successful completion of an NCCER craft assessment test
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf