Legal Internship Program (Wichita, KS & Atlanta, GA) - 2022
Who are we?
At Koch Industries, our mission is to help people improve their lives by making and innovating valuable products and services. But Koch Industries isn’t just Koch. We have a variety of companies that work in many industries and create thousands of essential products that you use every day. Industry leaders like Georgia-Pacific, Invista and Guardian manufacture many of the materials that go into your home. We even have companies that create transformative technology and fuel transportation, like Infor, Molex and Flint Hills Resources!
At Koch, we believe that everyone should be an entrepreneur no matter what role they are in. As an intern, co-op or new graduate, there are countless opportunities for you to be challenged, have your voice heard and gain real experience within our companies. Sound exciting? Do you want to be a part of meaningful work? Kickstart your career with us by applying today!
What do we have to offer?
The legal departments within Koch Industries are searching for 4 legal interns – 2 of these positions will be based out of the Georgia-Pacific HQ in Atlanta, GA, and 2 of these positions will be based out of the Koch Industries HQ in Wichita, KS.
Our Legal Departments provide legal services across all subject matters, and consist of lawyers with a broad range of specialties from corporate law, mergers & acquisitions, litigation, internal investigations, labor & employment, environmental health & safety, and intellectual property.
Due to the collective size and scale of Koch companies, our legal professionals have the ability to learn and practice a variety of disciplines. This internship may offer exposure to the following types of work and projects:
• Projects will depend on what is happening during the time of internship and appropriate subject matter. All projects will be under the supervision of an attorney in the particular legal group
• Legal research and writing memos – delving into a particular legal issue or topic (e.g., applicability of a regulation to a particular business or facility, review of state or local ordinance, review of enforcement developments and other emerging issues)
• Assist with writing briefs, motions, and regulatory submissions
• Assist with discovery document review
• Provide support during mergers & acquisitions. Examples include assisting with due diligence, disclosure and other schedules, researching issues, review of agreements
• Attend business and client meetings. Assist with meeting preparation and collaborate with supervising attorney on ideas, concepts and issues
• Draft/revise various agreements (i.e., confidential disclosure, supply, vendor, license)
The Koch internship program is an in-depth experience, placing interns in a challenging and meaningful work environment that includes value-added project involvement, professional mentoring, and capability-based competitions. Interns also enjoy a variety of social events and community volunteerism opportunities scheduled throughout the summer to facilitate networking and lasting career connections.
The Experience You Will Bring?
Applicants must be current 1L year students; rising 2L by May 2022, at the time of internship. This role is not eligible for work visa sponsorship. A successful applicant will have the following attributes:
• Demonstrates professional demeanor, humility, and high level of maturity
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; solid research and memo writing skills
• Inquisitive & assertive
• Ability to apply economic thinking to legal concepts and analysis
• Interest in in-house practice – prior corporate experience (either in a business or legal role) is preferred though not required.
3.3 GPA or above or anticipated or expected in the top 30% of the class
Want to learn more?
Let’s keep the conversation going! Visit our website and connect with us on LinkedIn to learn more information about the Koch Companies. Learn More About Our Companies Learn More About Our Products Koch Industries |LinkedIn Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience. Equal Opportunity Employer. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.