Transportation Logistics Specialist
Georgia-Pacific has an immediate opening for a Transportation Logistics Specialist – in our Wood and Fiber organization. This role will be based out of Georgia Pacific Headquarters in Atlanta, GA.
Georgia-Pacific Wood and Fiber Supply is key to ensuring that GP's 80+ mills maintain a constant flow of logs, wood fiber and chips. Reporting to the WFS Manager of Transportation and Logistics, this person will build strong business relationships with transportation providers, material suppliers and sales customers within the Southeastern US. Additionally, they will help lead process improvements as well as developing innovative solutions to recurring issues.
A Day in The Life Typically Includes:
- Ensure compliance with all health, safety, and environmental policies and procedures primarily focused on transportation providers
- Serve as the daily point of contact for supplier mills, customer mills (building products/pulp) and related transportation providers to coordinate delivery schedules and ensure no disruptions are caused to the mill
- Develop and analyze data/trends to support logistics procedures and policies with actionable metrics
- Assist with the transportation management pertaining to the procurement and sales of fiber for GP’s manufacturing facilities
- Ensure proper documentation/distribution/account reconciliation for various contracts and vendors/buyers
- Interact with multiple levels and functions within the organization and market
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Higher in Logistics, Transportation, Supply Chain or related subject 3+ years’ experience in logistics or transportation
- Experience with Microsoft Word (i.e., documentation and formatting), Excel (i.e., creating workbooks and writing formulas with functions), Power Point (i.e., creating slides for presentations) and Outlook
- Limited travel with some overnight travel
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Bachelor’s degree in a related industry
- Experience in sales and procurement
- Experience in the Forest Industry
Why Work For GP?
- A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
- Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
- Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
- Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
- Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
We're part of your everyday life. From the walls of your home to the Dixie® plates on your table, the boxes at your local grocery store or the Quilted Northern® in your bathroom, there's a good chance a Georgia-Pacific product is nearby. We need people like you: People who can help us make life's simple necessities better.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf