Koch Ag & Energy Solutions, LLC is looking for a highly motivated and self-driven IT Specialist to join our dynamic infrastructure team at our Saint James, Louisiana Methanol facility. This role requires strong organizational skills and a breadth and depth of technical knowledge. As an IT Specialist, you will be responsible for the management of the day-to-day support activities and delivery of IT Infrastructure projects and initiatives. This is a hands-on technical role that includes direct ownership of site IT Infrastructure, including network, wireless, server, and other devices. A candidate who enjoys learning and implementing new emerging technologies will thrive in this role.
A Day in The Life Typically Includes:
- Implement and support critical IT infrastructure services
- Develop, maintain, and grow strong relationships with local plant stakeholders and decision makers
- Optimize IT infrastructure to support key business initiatives
- Continually evaluate and improve support processes to maximize efficiency and ensure a positive consumer experience
- Utilization of critical thinking skills and developing business cases in order to evaluate and implement solutions in the infrastructure space
- Coordinate project activities and manage small site projects
- Effectively handle and resolve problem escalations in a timely manner
- Collaborate with and assist the overall infrastructure team’s IT capability
- Create solid working relationships and direct the work of key service providers
- 5+ years of IT infrastructure support experience
- 3+ years’ experience installing, configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting LAN and wireless network environments
- Proven experience in prioritizing, organizing, and coordinating simultaneous tasks/projects
- Ability to lift 40 lbs.
- Participation in a 24/7 on-call rotation (Approx. 1 week every ~2mos.)
What Will Put You Ahead:
- Experience with PLC/SCADA and/or DCS hardware and networks
- Knowledge of Cyber Security best practices (i.e. Purdue Model)
- Experience in a plant setting
- Previous involvement directing the work of others
About Koch Ag and Energy Solutions, LLC:
Koch Ag and Energy Solutions (KAES) was formed in 2014 to help support Koch companies’ continued growth and innovation in the global fertilizer and energy sectors. From a fertilizer perspective, an expanding world population is increasing agricultural demands. The result is a greater need for efficient fertilizer products. In fact, fertilizer is among the fastest developing segments of all Koch businesses. Koch Fertilizer companies can manufacture, market and distribute more than 13 million tons of fertilizer products annually, with operations or interests in eight production facilities and more than 90 terminals worldwide. Our diverse selection of year-round commodity products and enhanced-efficiency innovations are creating more possibilities to advance your career. The same factors that are driving fertilizer growth are also affecting the energy industry. Koch Energy Services, LLC markets and supplies natural gas.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf