Koch Minerals & Trading (KM&T) is seeking a motivated and self-driven Data Engineer to join our team in Houston, TX or Wichita, KS. KM&T is a global commodity trading company participating in nearly all commodity markets but focusing on petroleum and energy. This individual will be supporting Traders and Market Analysts by developing systems and data pipelines to handle research, trading, and risk management activities for the Gas, Power and Renewables desk.
A successful candidate will have the following characteristics:
- Pro-active and capable of working independently to achieve project deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the proven ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work accurately, efficiently, and independently
- Meticulous nature, detail-oriented, and producing high quality work
- Learning and teaching new technologies as required
What You Will Do In Your Role
The Quantitative Data Developer will work with a team of traders, market analysts and accounting staff to support and improve operations. Specific responsibilities include:
- Building and maintaining risk management and trading tools
- Managing market and fundamental data pipelines in accordance with governance principles
- Coordinating with development and support teams throughout the company to complete complex projects
- Creating analytic tools and visualizations to help guide trading decisions
- Monitoring systems and processes to ensure consistent performance and availability
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a quantitative field (examples may include Mathematics, Sciences, Engineering, Economics, Computer Sciences, etc.)
- Minimum of 3-years of experience as a Quantitative Developer or Data Engineer
- Python programming experience
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with languages such as C#, Java, or R
- Experience with AWS cloud technologies including Lambda, Glue, Athena, Redshift, EMR
- Experience with relational databases such as Microsoft SQL server or Postgres
- Experience loading, transforming, and categorizing data from multiple source systems
- Knowledge of quantitative financial concepts such as derivative pricing
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf