Sourcing Engineer (Buyer)
We are searching for a talented New Product Development Sourcing Engineer (Buyer) to join our team. If you are looking for a way to accelerate your career and be part of a great company, this may be the opportunity for you!
In this role you will have the opportunity to manage our new product BOM cost across the Transportation Industrial Solutions (TIS) division. As a New Product Development Sourcing Engineer, you will be responsible for Sourcing, project planning and flawless launch, executing sourcing events, and developing BOM cost models. You will support market analysis and RFx processes, in collaboration with Category Management and BU Product Development Teams, to design a Sourcing Strategy that supports the objectives of the project, mitigates supply risk, and leverages the Molex Approved Vendor List. You will also support Procurement initiatives to identify new supply options, in line with category strategy and priorities. This role is key to achieving this goal amongst supporting new product launch goals such as new business win rate and costing accuracy of products.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Partner with Molex design teams throughout Product Development Process to manage BOM cost through Product Launch
- New product supplier identification, sourcing, selection and contracting for the TIS division
- Bring Design to Value (Manufacturing, Quality, Cost, etc.) viewpoint to Product design team
- Conduct should-cost and make vs. buy analyses to support sourcing decision
- Aggressively negotiate terms as required and in accordance with internal policies
- Negotiate legal terms under the guidance of the internal legal support team
- Improve New Product Sourcing processes and increase efficiencies by partnering with technical design teams
- Apply appropriate category strategies (Metals, Plastics, Electronics, Indirect Materials) to new product sourcing needs
- Proactive supply risk management in the new product development process
- Monitor sourcing and procurement innovation trends in the marketplace
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in business discipline or engineering
- 1-3+ years experience in the direct spend sourcing with procurement function focused on electrical and mechanical categories (passive devices such resistors, capacitors, inductors, diodes, PCB, and/or automotive software/firmware negotiations; fabricated metal materials (stamping, die cast), as well as resins / injection molded components)
- 1+ year experience interpreting blueprint specifications and drawings
- Automotive Industry procurement experience
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience in Advanced Purchasing or New Product Development Sourcing
- Bachelor’s degree - Supply Chain Management
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf