Transformation Project Engineer
Join Guardian Industries as a Transformation Project Engineer where we’ll lean on you bring a project focused mindset. Guardian offers an entrepreneurial environment for risk-takers and results-oriented individuals and a unique culture that focuses on results, playing to win and rewarding employees for their commitment to excellence. This position will be located at our Geneva, NY Float Glass facility and will be eligible for a $4,000 sign on bonus.
The ideal candidate will seek an entrepreneurial environment with a unique culture that focuses on results, playing to win and rewarding employees for their commitment to excellence.
For an individual looking for the perfect blend of hands on manufacturing exposure as well as deep analysis of manufacturing processes, this may be the role for you.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Transform the way we do work in the float plant by identifying, justifying, and leading projects that will create the maximum efficiency and profitability in our operations
- Collaborate daily with the plant operations team and work as one team to deliver on project goals and timelines
- Identify the best available technology in the industry/manufacturing that could benefit our operations
- Build and share knowledge of available technologies with the operations team
- Execute capital projects including upgrades to plant systems, process equipment, and scalable transformation priorities
- Execute projects that support continuous improvement, equipment obsolescent, and reliability improvements
- Apply the DMF and FEL process for capital projects
- Apply critical thinking and troubleshooting skills to strategic planning and execution
- Own the performance of the new equipment/technology until there is a mutual handoff to the operations team
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Experience leading projects in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Experience implementing Project Execution Plan/Phases and contractor oversight
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with power distribution, control systems, mechanical systems, P&ID, and machine design
When you are looking at a city’s skyline or the grilles on the latest cars and trucks, chances are you’re seeing our products. Through Guardian Glass, a Guardian Industries company, we make high- performance, energy efficient glass for homes and buildings. SRG Global™, a Guardian Industries company, makes automotive trim products that define a vehicle’s DNA and help improve fuel efficiency. And perhaps most of all, we make the ideas, formulas and processes that make these products possible. Guardian Industries is 18,000 people working to make products that improve people’s lives!
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf