Provide environmental leadership to the facilities in the Cellulose and Consumer Products Retail Groups through the application of the Market Based Management® (MBM®) and adherence to our Guiding Principles. Create real value for the organization by leveraging our Risk Management System to identify and mitigate risk. Proactively develop and align divisional environmental strategies consistent our OneGP environmental team concept. Mentor and build the capability of our leaders and professionals to effectively manage environmental responsibilities. Positively influence the facility leadership, environmental teams, and operations teams. This position reports to the Director – Environmental Cellulose and CPG Retail.
The ideal candidate must be able to lead transformation initiatives, organize strategic approaches to solving problems and efficiently balance multiple priorities. The position requires strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of audiences. The successful candidate must also lead by example, be self-motivated, possess strong analytical skills, exhibit sound decision-making, and proficient organizational skills.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Applies subject matter expertise and communication skills to independently and objectively assist facilities identify and meet environmental compliance requirements
- Plans and leads focused transformation initiatives that systematically drive environmental programs to be more effective, consistent, verifiable, and efficient (structured and principled vs rule based)
- Develops and owns an evergreen POV of each supported mill’s environmental risks, priorities, key issues, and plans
- Builds strong working relationships with mill managers, environmental teams, other capabilities, and key operations leaders across our system
- Provides clear technical guidance and timely government interaction reviews to support key mill staff
- Ensures tools/methods to assess facility compliance status are implemented, tracked, and adjusted as necessary
- Lead proactive knowledge sharing and harmonization efforts to eliminate silos and leverage best practices consistent with our OneGP Vision
- Develops talent and builds capability through coaching and mentoring
- Leads strategic integration of our environmental systems, RMS, and playbook (operations management system)
- Proactively maintains knowledge of current and emerging federal, state, and local environmental regulatory requirements affecting CPG operations
- Flows to work effectively to leverage comparative advantages and generate the greatest contribution to the organization
- Seeks the best knowledge internally and externally to assist mills in solving complex challenges
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering, science, environmental management, or related major
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Experience with multiple environmental subject areas
- Ten (10+) or more years of industrial environmental compliance and management systems experience
What Will Put You Ahead
- Pulp and paper process and regulatory knowledge
- Environmental information technology knowledge
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf