E&I Reliability Engineer
Are you passionate about root cause failure analysis and equipment troubleshooting? If so, Invista is looking for you to bring your expertise as an Electrical and Instrumentation Reliability Engineer in our Orange Texas facility. We are looking for you to bring the following attributes:
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Guide new innovative and transformative technologies in I/E applications
- Continuously improve the availability and reliability of I&E equipment by working to resolve equipment system failures
- Participate or manage RCAs that develop recommendations to eliminate reliability incidents.
- Participate in and develop MOC’s as necessary to support the design and installation of E/I asset improvements
- Provide support for turnaround scope development, planning and execution
- Participate in Reliability-related Safety Programs, i.e. SIS and/or Electrical System Modeling
- Provide reliability engineering support for project work
- Support the day-to-day operation and maintenance of the area. This includes assistance to E/I technicians and Operations in the troubleshooting of incidents that impact unit availability.
- Support unplanned events as a technical resource
- Provide technical expertise for onsite and offsite repair of equipment
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
- 3+ years of I&E Engineering experience in the chemical, petrochemical, manufacturing or utility industry
- 3+ years of experience in PM, inspection, troubleshooting and developing improvement scopes of work in the petrochemical or refinery industry
- Knowledge of RCFA and implementation of effective reliability strategies
- Proven technical proficiency in instrumentation and electrical equipment and systems commonly used in the petrochemical industry
- Ability to be transformative and innovative in their approach to problem solving
- The ability to solve technical problems and steer economic decisions while working with a diverse workforce
- Produce accurate, high quality work in a time-sensitive fast paced environment
- Organize, prioritize, and own multiple initiatives while meeting and/or exceeding deadlines
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with engineering software (i.e. Fathom, ASPEN, Seeq, OSI Pi)
- Experience applying statistical tools to identify "Bad Actor" equipment (ie: Reliability Modeling, Root Cause Analysis, RCA)
- Working knowledge of compliance and engineering standards (NEC, NFPA, API, OSHA, ISA, EPA, and other RAGAGEP’s)
- Experience working in CMMS (i,e, SAP, Maximo, etc.)
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Enter and move about in confined spaces and wear personnel protective equipment.
- Climb stairs and/or ladders in a plant environment.
- Work in extreme temperatures and weather conditions for various periods of time.
- Work periodic workdays in excess of 8.5 hours.
- Willing to travel 10-20% to visit vendor repair/testing facilities and/or our Victoria, TX facility
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com