Production Technician (Finishing Technician)
***$5,000 SIGN ON BONUS***
The Finishing Technician requires a self-motivated person who is committed to 100% committed to compliance 100% of the time. They will have both routine tasks and daily requests from multiple sources that will need to be prioritized. The Finishing Technicians operate the finishing equipment (Drawing Machines, Balers, and Cutters) and possess the ability to continually develop the capability and knowledge of the associated processes in support of Finishing and Site operations.
Typical tasks may include, but are not limited to:
- Operate the Drawing process (DM 7, DM 9, DM 10, and DM 11).
- Operate the Verson Press Baler and Cutter.
- Operate the HE Baler and Cutter.
- Manage product flow versus the scheduled production and associated task.
- Conduct routine in-area sampling and lab analysis.
- Perform routine fix-it-yourself repairs and/or actively assist/support Reliability resources to improve machine efficiency/availability.
- Perform Staple lockouts and be capable, at a minimum, to obtain/utilize Level 1 and Level 2 permit issuer authority.
- Perform routine and deep housekeeping to maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Perform routine machine fix-it-yourself repairs to improve machine efficiency.
- Reasonable requests by Supervisor, Reliability, and Technical resources.
- Demonstrated commitment to compliance and ability to manage risk (Stop, Think and Ask) in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated strong troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to meeting our customers’ quality requirements.
- Able to actively and consistently communicate and function within a strong team environment.
- Able to work productively with minimal supervisory guidance.
- Good interpersonal skills and communication skills.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple task and priorities.
Required Education & Experience:
High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of 2 years previous manufacturing or related experience.
- Internal Applicants
- Level 1 & 2 permit issuer.
- Level 2 permit issuer.
- Experience in operating Drawing Machines 7, 9, 10, or 11.
- Experience in operating HE or Verson Press Balers.
- Experience in operating HE or Verson Press Cutters.
- Demonstrated skills for planning/adjusting labor to minimize product flow inefficiencies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Staple Finishing area lockouts.
- Working understanding of PMC, T420, and Tow quality and customer requirements.
Physical Requirements (Ability to perform requirements with/or without accommodation):
Walking, standing, stooping, squatting, climbing, reaching, pulling, and bending often.
An interview is required for qualified applicants.
*Employees that are currently performing this role or have performed this role within the past two (2) years and are/were at least meeting expectations of the role are exempt from this testing
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf