Maintenance - Millwright
''Innovation is facilitated by having the right people in the right roles with the right skills and values.''
- Charles Koch, Koch Industries Chairman and CEO
Our INVISTA Kingston, ON facility is seeking entrepreneurial, innovative leaders to join the team as a Millwright (Maintenance Technician). We are looking for individuals interested in leading transformation and strengthening our competitive advantage in the growing nylon intermediates market. This role will have responsibilities to first and foremost protect the health and safety of our workforce, the community, and the environment. You will deliver effective and efficient production and maintenance to the facility to ensure continuous operation. You will have the opportunity to assist in advancing our Shift-runs-the-Shift ownership culture to create superior value for our customers.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Mechanical Technicians are primarily responsible for mechanical preventive maintenance and repair work in accordance with our Environmental, Health, and Safety practices as part of the operating shift team. You will:
- Review the weekly work schedule and coordinate with the operating shift team to align on priorities to successfully execute critical work to maintain equipment availability and PM compliance
- Execute preventative maintenance and condition monitoring
- Maintain accurate maintenance logs including labor hours and critical preventive maintenance findings, and analysis and suggestions on frequency
- Assist in the development and implementation of reliability centered maintenance strategies
- Provide mechanical training for operating shift team members to build capability within the team
- Expand your capabilities within the operations teams as needed to create superior value on shift
- Challenge yourself to understand the value of your work and market competitiveness
- Type of work can include but not limited to troubleshooting, installing, aligning, dismantling, repairing, and maintaining industrial machinery, and mechanical equipment that may include motors, bearings, valves, piping, pumps, compressors, gearboxes, hydraulic, and pneumatic components
The Experience You Will Bring
- A minimum of (2) years of maintenance mechanic experience as an Industrial Mechanical Millwright (Red Seal Certified or equivalent) from an accredited vocational/community college. Working in industrial, manufacturing, refining and or chemical facility.
- Experience working with and understand mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic schematics and P&IDs
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot, locate, identify, and diagnose malfunctions
- Strong ability to work under minimal supervision
- Good interpersonal skills, communication skills and the ability to collaborate well with peers, engineering, and management
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and interest in continuous learning and improvement.
- Availability and willingness to work shift, on-call, holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed
- Must place a high value on safety and have past work experience demonstrating same
- Able to work in a tobacco free environment
- Ability to work a rotating 12-hour shift. Work schedule is subject to change with notification, depending upon business needs. Additionally, must be available to work scheduled (Planned) or unscheduled (unplanned/short-notice hours on nights and/or weekends, holidays as needed), to meet business needs.
- Required to wear any or all the following PPE: safety glasses, hearing protection, goggles, hard hats, FRC, acid suits, breathing air, gloves, safety boots, respirators, and encapsulated suits. PPE use is in accordance with the Job Safety Analysis (JSA) for a given task.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50lbs.
- Ability to work in hot, cold, and inclement climate conditions.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces with supplied breathing air and congested areas.
- Elevated work - must be able to climb stairs, ladders, ladders on vessels and columns, ladders associated with scaffolds.
What Will Put You Ahead
- SAP Experience
- At least 1 year Operations experience in an industrial, manufacturing, refining and or chemical facility
- At least 1 Year of experience as a Soft Craftsman (Scaffolding/Rigger/Painter/Sandblaster/Operator) in an industrial.
- Multi-craft certifications
- Planning experience in an industrial or refining or petrochemical facility
- Experience troubleshooting equipment issues and facilitating RCA, Cause Mapping, and Failure Mode Cause Analysis.
- Served as a member of the emergency response team
- Experience utilizing a variety of technology
- Experience/knowledge related to pump overhaul and repair
- Rotating equipment background including fans, blowers and centrifugal compressors
- Flanged Joint make up, pipe fitting
- Familiarity with machinery laser alignment
- Elevated work (Lifts, hoists, mobile crane)
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office programs, use of mobile technologies (tablets, phones, etc), use of apps, wi-fi connected technology.
- 6-month probationary period
- Flexible benefits package
- Pension plan
- Optional Pension Enhancements
- Performance Bonus Program
- Vacation Purchase Program
- Additional Floating Holidays
- Education Assistance Program for Job Related Training
- Advancement Opportunities
From the fibers in your carpet to the plastic in your automobiles, INVISTA’s commitment to continuous improvement has led its employees to develop some of the most durable, versatile polymers and fibers in the world. A subsidiary of Koch Industries since 2004, INVISTA brings to market the proprietary ingredients for nylon 6,6 and recognized brands including CORDURA® and ANTRON®.
INVISTA also offers specialty chemical intermediates and process technologies. See the bigger picture at INVISTA.com
Want to learn more about the INVISTA experience? Watch this!
How to apply?
If you have the above qualifications, we would like to hear from you. We thank all applicants, in advance, and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Successful candidates will be required to complete a criminal background check.
We are an equal opportunity employer. If you require accommodation or assistance at any time during the application or selection processes, please submit a request by following the directions located at the bottom of kochcareers.com webpage.