At KM&T, we focus on the real-time trading of real-world resources to create real, long-term value that makes life better for people all over the world. We specialize in the innovative procurement, exchange and delivery of essential commodity products and services that empower our daily way of life, and the development of investments into successful ventures and new, transformative platforms.
This position will play the role of IT business analyst supporting both project and operational aspects of KM&T’s trading operations suite development, including financial regulation systems, position limit monitoring systems, and clearing broker tie-out systems.
The candidate will provide business users with support for several Koch Minerals & Trading applications and will be responsible for in-depth ownership and “subject matter expert” competency of one or more enterprise applications. This candidate will be responsible for applying knowledge of the commodity trading business and emerging regulatory requirements to analyze and resolve issues and execute projects. The candidate will work with application users to ensure that applications and processes are being utilized as effectively as possible.
Additionally, the candidate will be responsible for working with the business end-users to optimize their work environment. Activities will include developing requirements, functional specifications, all testing activities, quality assurance, communication to project and business team members, implementation, and project support. The IT business analyst will be the main business/knowledge expert when it comes to developing solutions for trading operations projects. Versatility is a key aptitude needed for the role as business priorities and regulations shift frequently.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Interpret, analyze, prioritize, and resolve production issues as they occur
- Implement complex IT solutions
- Effectively capture business requirements, map processes, and develop functional specifications in support of business priorities
- Coordinate testing and process changes through the organization as needed
- Recommend enhancements to optimize or enhance current business processes
- Research and experiment with disruptive information technology that can be leveraged to add value to the business
- Help align team objectives with overall vision and strategies
The Experience You Will Bring
- 2+ years of experience gathering with business and technical requirements analysis, elicitation, modeling, verification, and methodology development.
- Experience with querying databases with SQL (including MSSQL and PostgreSQL)
- Experience in Agile principles of maintaining product backlogs to include epics, features, stories, and acceptance criteria
- Experince communicating and presenting with stakeholders and business users
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with supporting platforms in Amazon Web Services (including RedShift, Lambda, S3, Kinesis, ECS, DynamoDB)
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field (accounting, finance, management information systems)
- Experience programming with Python
- Knowledge and understanding of trade management systems
- Knowledge of the physical and financial commodity trading business with front-to-back knowledge of trading business processes and experience with regulatory reforms (Dodd Frank, EMIR, REMIT, SFA, FMIA, MiFID, LBMA, CSA)
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf