Industrial Maintenance Technician
Koch Fertilizer, LLC is seeking a motivated, skilled, and self-driven Industrial Maintenance Technician for our Washington, IA facility. The successful candidate will perform maintenance and operations of an anhydrous ammonia storage and loading terminal. The individual will be involved with maintaining and operating ammonia refrigeration, storage, and loading systems. This role offers an opportunity to work with all types of industrial processes including ammonia refrigeration, gas fired heating, instrumentation and PLC control systems, pumps, and truck loading equipment. Site activities also include training and oversite of our customers and contractors.
We are offering a $2,500 sign-on bonus with this role!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Troubleshooting and repair of Terminal equipment
- Terminal operation including customer interaction and oversite
- Terminal equipment preventative maintenance
- Safe product storage and movement
- Participation in projects and Transformation Initiatives
- Knowledge seeking and sharing
Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to work outdoors in all types of weather
- Ability to pass a pulmonary breathing test
- Ability to climb stairs, ladders and work at heights of approximately 25-100 ft
- Ability to wear a gas mask type respirator
- Ability to wear full Level A Personal Protective Equipment
- Occasional exposure to fumes/airborne particles Unassisted physical mobility around a plant
- Ability to sit, stand or kneel as needed
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Four (4)+ years’ experience in chemical, industrial, or refrigeration process operation and maintenance
- Experience with mechanical and electrical system troubleshooting and repair
- Must live within 45 minutes of the terminal
- Valid driver's license
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with PLC troubleshooting, repair, or installation
- Experience rebuilding pumps, compressors, or valves
- Experience in PSM, EH&S compliance, and ammonia terminal operations or related chemical type facilities
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf