The Georgia-Pacific corrugated facility in Cleveland, Tennessee is now hiring for a motivated maintenance professional to join our team as a Maintenance Technician. In this position, you will be utilizing your knowledge and skills around electrical and mechanical maintenance while building a fulfilling career in the packaging industry. If you enjoy hands-on work where you can make a direct impact to your company and community, this may be the opportunity for you!
Starting pay is between $27 and $30/hour depending on background and skills plus quarterly performance bonuses! Shifts for our Maintenance Technicians may vary and they include holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Troubleshoot, maintain, and repair machinery and mechanical equipment including motors, controls, PLC’s, drive systems, hydraulic/pneumatic components, and power transmission systems
- Utilize diagrams, schematics, sketches, operation manuals, and manufacturer’s specifications to maintain and properly fix machinery issues
- Lubricate equipment as needed and identify and communicate opportunities to improve the lube program through improved techniques, technology, and knowledge sharing
- Perform physical work tasks to include lifting, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing, and/or pulling, sometimes in elevated spaces, for at least twelve (12) hours a day
- Adhere to all safety rules and regulations
The Experience You Will Bring
- Three (3) years or more of industrial electrical and mechanical maintenance experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment OR an Associate’s Degree OR Industrial Maintenance Certification in a field with at least one (1) year of industrial electrical and mechanical maintenance experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment
- Experience working with 3-phase 480-volt AC motors and DC drives
- Experience troubleshooting issues with bearings, chains, sprockets, gearboxes, and conveyors
- Experience reading blueprints, technical drawings, and/or electrical schematics
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing hydraulics and pneumatics
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience working in the corrugated packaging or the containerboard industry
- Experience troubleshooting boiler operations
- Experience with waste-water treatment
- Experience with proper lubrication techniques and oil analysis procedures
- Experience with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS, MP2)
- Experience with industrial air compressors
- Experience with PLC’s and ladder logic (Siemens, Allen-Bradley)
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.