Associate Director, Real Estate Asset Strategy
Koch Real Estate Investments (KREI), based in Dallas, Texas, focuses its efforts on attractive risk-adjusted capital deployment into real estate assets and operating companies with an agnostic approach to product, geography, and capital position. Currently, KREI’s portfolio consists of approximately $3.0 billion of invested equity. The company is acutely focused on best-in-class management teams and flexible capital solutions which align interests to drive mutual benefit with its partners.
Since 2003, Koch companies have invested nearly $133 billion in growth and improvements. With a presence in more than 70 countries, Koch companies employ 122,000 people worldwide, with about 62,000 of those in the United States. From January 2009 to present, Koch companies have earned more than 1,300 awards for safety, environmental excellence, community stewardship, innovation, and customer service. For more news and information, visit www.KOCHind.com.
We are seeking an Associate Director to join our Koch Real Estate Investments (“KREI”) Asset Strategy team. As an Asset Strategy Associate Director, you will be responsible for assisting in underwriting, diligence and closing new real estate asset opportunities in the US and abroad, and asset management of portfolio asset investments. This role is based in Dallas, Texas. Relocation assistance is offered.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Lead the underwriting, financial modeling, due diligence, and internal presentation materials preparation for real estate asset investments.
- Work alongside team to negotiate, structure, finance, and close asset investments.
- Lead analysis, tracking, and reporting of operational performance of the asset portfolio to maintain a pulse on business plan execution and identify trends and opportunities.
- Complete cash flow forecasts or other analysis as needed for strategic decision making concerning individual portfolio assets.
- Prepare standard and ad hoc reports and presentations to facilitate communication and transparency as required.
- Lead research efforts to track market conditions and performance in relation to current portfolio performance and to inform investment decisions/initiatives.
- Maintain current knowledge of the real estate industry and capital markets by monitoring current financial & research publications, as well as leveraging personal contacts with outside research/industry professionals.
- Develop the ability to lead asset level investments from start-to-finish, including presenting to management with a deal level recommendation.
The Experience You Will Bring
A successful candidate will have the following characteristics:
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and lead investment due diligence and underwriting
- Strong financial modeling skills, including asset level and joint venture underwriting
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Collaborative team player
- Entrepreneurial spirit, creative, and ability to think outside the box
- Integrity and a strong sense of ethics
- Highly motivated, hard worker
- Bachelor's degree
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in commercial real estate investments
- Demonstrated experience in analytical and financial modeling
- Hands on transactional due diligence and closing experience
- Experience preparing investment screens/overviews and detailed valuation presentations
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- Position is not eligible for VISA Sponsorship
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Real Estate Finance, or Business-related field
- Experience with investments in multiple asset product types
- Understanding of real estate capital markets
- Ability to lead commercial real estate investments from start to finish
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf