MANUFACTURING PRODUCTION WORKER
Manufacturing Production Worker
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Manufacturing Production Worker at our new state-of-the art lumber mill in Talladega, Alabama. This facility receives about 150 log trucks a day and produces approximately 300 million board-feet of lumber a year. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a technologically advanced plant.
As a Manufacturing Production Worker you will perform cleanup duties around the facility to ensure a safe work environment for all employees, and cross train in various machine operator roles. If you are motivated by hard work, working collaboratively on a team with a positive attitude, and have a strong focus on safety, you may be a good fit for this role.
This position offers opportunities for advancement as new skills are acquired and as openings occur! The position is a rotating shift. We are hiring for both are Planer Mill and Saw Mill.
The hours for the position are 5:00AM CST - 5:30PM CST and 5:00PM CST - 5:30AM CST.
The starting wage for this position is $20.00 per hour.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures while proactively seeking out potential safety hazards
- Maintaining a clean and orderly work environment
- Using blowers, brooms, and other equipment to clean up debris in and around machines to ensure a safe work environment for all employees
- Performing housekeeping functions to aid in keeping machinery running smoothly, reducing safety and fire hazards, maintaining environmental controls, and maintaining the appearance of the plant
- Working in various areas throughout the mill to help meet or exceed facility and company production and quality goals
- Assisting team members throughout the mill as needed during the production of lumber
- Working collaboratively as a team to meet or exceed production and quality goals while keeping waste at minimal levels
- Working in a non-climate-controlled environment with the possibility of standing, kneeling, walking for long periods of time
The Experience You Will Bring
- A minimum of six (6) months of work experience in an industrial, manufacturing, warehouse, farming, carpentry, construction, landscaping, production, or military environment
What Will Put You Ahead
- One (1) year or more of experience driving and operating a forklift within an industrial or manufacturing environment
- Minimum of two (2) years working in a manufacturing environment
- Experience troubleshooting equipment
- Experience using a computer for record-keeping and documentation functions
- Experience working in a lumber or wood products environment
- One (1) year or more of leadership experience in a manufacturing environment
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com