Phillips-Medisize, LLC is seeking a Buyer responsible for the purchasing and planning of materials and activities involved with producing products from NPI through sustainment. Buyer responsibilities include sourcing materials, managing key suppliers, conducting analysis, creating sourcing strategies, leading negotiations, and other duties as assigned.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Lead purchasing activities in early NPI phase in support of internal and external stakeholders including but not limited to Engineering, Production, Quality, Customer Service and Finance.
- Determine supplier selection in early NPI phase to ensure long term growth and sustainment
- Purchase materials and services based on current and forecasted demand for sustaining operations
- Evaluate and manage vendors on factors including price, delivery, quality, support and availability
- Expedite the resolutions of issues relating to the product and/or delivery
- Effectively communicate with both internal and external customers in a timely manner
- Establish and maintain sound professional relationships with suppliers including suggestions for new agreements
- Negotiates prices and terms with suppliers
- Participate in cross-functional team projects to implement cost, quality, and delivery improvements
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 3 years of purchasing and/or materials management experience OR 5+ years of purchasing and/or materials management experience
- Experience with SAP
- Experience with an MRP system
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf