Sr. Network Engineer
The Koch Global Services (KGS) Network Operations Team is looking for an innovative and forward-thinking Senior Network Engineer with strong knowledge of working in Complex environment and utilizing the automation and proactive methodologies to resolve problem. within this role, you will have an opportunity to work closely with a talented global technical team responsible for supporting Koch’s global enterprise communications environment.
The Sr. Network Engineer will be a part of a Proactive Operations team that provides support and maintains networking solutions for Koch Industries. Koch Global Services (KGS) is the global solutions provider for Koch Industries. We serve more than 130,000 Koch employees worldwide and partner with 11 Koch companies from a diverse number of industries; ranging from making fabric, glass, and paper products, to manufacturing cell phone components. Since 2003 we have invested over $80 Billion in acquisitions and other capital expenditures and are proud to reinvest more than 90% of our earnings back into our companies. As KGSI rapidly scales up its operations in India, it's employees will get opportunities to carve out a career path for themselves within the organization. This role will have the opportunity to join on the ground level and will play a critical part in helping build out the Koch Global Services India (KGSI) over the next several years. Working closely with global colleagues would provide significant global exposure to the employees.
The Sr. Network Engineer will report to the Operations Supervisor of the KGSI and will be part of a global team that does Proactive operations support for Koch customers. The Sr. Network Engineer will work with multiple internal stakeholders and is expected to work with third party providers whenever it required and the global Network team to provide a superior client experience.
A Day In The Life Could Include:
· Understand proactive network management processes - capacity/lifecycle/automation audit results/remediation, incident response(immediate) and problem management (systemic) and change management.
· Definition of proactive operations workflow & processes, identify opportunities to automate processes/tasks.
· Partner with multiple teams including Engineering, Delivery, Automation Engineers, Data Analyst, and Product Owners
· Define network ops and delivery processes & standards, identify trends of possible systemic problems, evaluate permanent solution of major incidents or problems, and develop backlog/roadmap for resolution, influence projects/initiative/processes/roadmaps
· Troubleshoot & resolve escalated complex/prolonged network issues, develop & design ServiceNow forms, identify process gaps & process optimization and improvements
· Liaison with Network Delivery team in implementation of standards and processes, customer deviations from standards to improve stability, actively increase skillset of Ops team.
· Execution of backlog/roadmap efforts.
· Own stability and performance of the network environment across the enterprise, network management processes.
What You Will Need To Bring With You:
(experience & education required)
· 7+ years network experience in a Large Scale/Global Enterprise
· Knowledge of network monitoring and management protocols.
· Strong knowledge in Cisco routing and switching, wireless network, SDWAN, LogicMonitor, Meraki, AWS, BGP, OSPF and IPAM (IP Address Management)
· Ability to have a proactive viewpoint to existing problems.
· Strong communications skillset including presenting to technical and non-technical stake holders.
· Strong administrative skills
· Strong relationship building and management skills
What Will Put You Ahead:
(experience & education preferred)
· Bachelor’s of Technology / Master’s of Technology or equivalent education.
- ITIL foundation certification and Cisco certification: CCNP
- Experience in Network operations and proactive management
- Understanding of Agile principles
- Good to have coding experience with Ansible, PowerShell, Python, APIs
- Previous experience with ServiceNow Asset and ITOM suites (CMDB, Discovery, Service & Event Mapping)
- Knowledge of ITSM best practices and capabilities
- Experience working with complex enterprise and global stakeholders.
(physical demands/ unusual working conditions)
· Must be flexible to work US hours
Approvals will be given through the automated process in Taleo
“Koch is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace”