Global Process Owner, Cost Accounting
The Corporate Finance organization at Molex is seeking a Global Process Owner, Cost Accounting who will have ownership of our global cost accounting and inventory processes and related improvements to our costing system. In this role, you will be the leader we depend on, ensuring the standard cost updates you manage are an accurate and meaningful representation of economic reality and that our principles, systems, and tools are applied globally to ensure consistency, comparability, and accuracy. You will develop strategic partnerships with various business leaders and capabilities and provide SME level support for finance KPI's and cost accounting methodology. As the global product costing leader, the individual in this role will be comfortable exercising decision rights and providing strong leadership to their team of costing experts, who are working from several global locations.
Do you have a valid passport? Do you speak more than one language? This is an exciting and high impact role that has the opportunity to cover an expanding scope of responsibility as we transform our service delivery across the One Molex platform. If you are an analytical thinker, confident communicator, effective leader, passionate about manufacturing, and well versed in SAP and BW systems - we want to hear from you!
Our team is currently based in Lisle, IL at our Corporate HQ but we will consider seating at another Molex or Koch Company global corporate location. We also have the flexibility to consider work from home days each week.
Established in 1938, Molex delivers complete electronic solutions for several markets including: data communications, telecommunications, consumer electronics, industrial, automotive, commercial vehicle, aerospace and defense, medical, and lighting. Headquartered in Lisle, IL, Molex is a global company with a presence in more than 40 countries. With over 40,000 employees and over 100,000 products, Molex is an integral part of Koch Industries, the second largest privately-owned company in the United States ($100B of revenue, according to Forbes).
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Function as the Global process owner for Inventory and Cost Accounting processes
- Manage and coordinate the standard cost update process, ensuring timely and accurate completion across all locations
- Identify opportunities - create solutions - and implement improved business processes and system enhancements that focused on costing efficiency and improved accuracy and reporting
- Lead a Global Costing Team and ensure consistent practices and service delivery across the One Molex platform
- Provide project support to Fusion as a Community of Practice Leader and ensure relevant finance KPI’s are developed for measuring operational success
- Develop strategic partnerships with various business leaders and capabilities and provide SME support to incorporate reasonable and appropriate costing methodologies into major projects impacting inventory and cost accounting
- Approve Inventory and Costing roles within the Molex ERP system
- Assist with internal and external audit requirements related to Inventory and Cost Accounting
- Embrace your role and execute responsibilities independently, within the appropriate risk framework
- Advance the Market-Based Management® (MBM®) culture within the team by applying and reinforcing the company’s Guiding Principles
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field
- Progressive experience in manufacturing accounting, costing, finance, or business analysis role(s)
- Experience with SAP and BW and advanced understanding of integrated financial systems, complex accounting systems and database structure
- Leadership (i.e. proactive mind set, being a driver of company initiatives, project leadership, knowledge sharing and developing others)
- Experience developing strategic relationships, collaborating and working across multiple capabilities
- Ability to travel internationally (including overnight stays), a valid passport, and the ability to meet country level travel guidelines/requirements
What Will Put You Ahead
- CPA/MBA or related advanced degree/professional certification
- Experience working with remote and/or global teams
- Experience leading large enterprise-wide initiatives
- Language skills in addition to English
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.p