Koch Minerals & Trading is seeking a Credit Analyst to join our team! This position will play a key role in supporting Koch Minerals & Trading's global commodity trading businesses. The role will be responsible for working closely with internal commercial and support team members globally, along with counterparties' finance professionals. This is a great opportunity to bring your experience to a position that can flex to meet your experience and provide constant opportunities for growth and development.
A successful candidate will have the following characteristics:
- Strong critical thinking skills, high level of initiative, and intellectual curiosity
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and implement solutions
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills as you will be working with others in KMT's Credit group and CFO organization, KMT traders, and external counterparties
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Develop strong understanding of new and existing counterparty credit risk profiles and industry sectors
- Partner with commercial teams to understand and optimize reward/risk tradeoffs in counterparty relationships
- Build and maintain relationships with counterparties to support credit risk analysis and credit term and agreement negotiations
- Recommend and approve credit limits supported by the Analyst's risk point of view, and manage exposures within approved limits
- Identify and communicate credit risk drivers and exhibit sound risk judgement to support credit exposure decisions
- Perform Anti-Money Laundering (AML) / Know Your Customer (KYC) vetting on counterparties
- Implement tools and analytics to improve credit analysis and exposure management processes
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, or other business-related field
- Experience analyzing corporate financial statements
- This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship
What Will Put You Ahead
- Spanish language proficiency
- 2+ years’ experience in credit analysis
- Credit analysis experience at a commodity trading firm, commodity marketer or producer, or bank active in commodities
- Experience with financial derivatives and related credit risks
- Proficiency developing solutions in PowerBI, Alteryx, or similar tools
Want to learn more about KM&T?
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf