Sr. Environmental Engineer
Georgia-Pacific has an immediate opening for a Regional Senior Environmental Engineer focusing on air permitting and strategic planning supporting our Northwest Regional Facilities located in Camas, WA, Clatskanie, OR, Toledo, OR and Halsey, OR. The Regional Senior Environmental Engineer creates long term value by ensuring risks are identified and mitigated while sustaining performance improvement and striving for environmental excellence. This is accomplished by providing environmental leadership and strategic direction for the region through the application of the Market Based Management® (MBM®) and adherence to our Guiding Principles.
The Regional Senior Environmental Engineer will be a key player in the development, implementation, and management of the region’s environmental air compliance programs and management systems. This position will work closely with environmental professionals across the organization to leverage best practices and knowledge to drive the highest value for the company. The role will also help ensure that the region conforms to company policies and procedures, such as Georgia Pacific's Environmental Performance Standards.
The Regional Senior Environmental Engineer must be able to embrace and lead change, possess strong interpersonal skills, and efficiently balance multiple priorities. The position requires strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of audiences. The successful candidate must also lead by example, be self-motivated, possess strong analytical skills, exhibit sound decision-making, and have proficient organizational skills.
This position reports directly to the Regional Environmental Manager and work closely with the additional Regional Senior Environmental Engineer as well at the Northwest Regional Facilities located in Camas, WA, Clatskanie, OR, Toledo, OR and Halsey, OR. You can work out of any of these sites or remotely preferably within the NW Region.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Provide leadership and strategic direction related to the region’s air program consistent with our Stewardship & Compliance Principle to achieve our Vision
- Develop and maintain an evergreen point of view of environmental risks, priorities, key issues, and strategic plans as it pertains to the region’s air program
- Lead regional air permitting efforts and track emerging issues related to the region’s air programs
- Fulfil regulatory compliance obligations in a disciplined manner that leverages technology enablers, common processes, and best practices from across the enterprise
- Systematically drive the air environmental program to be more resilient, effective, consistent, verifiable, and efficient (structured and principled vs rule based)
- Build solid working relationships with internal and external stakeholders including regulatory agencies
- Develop and maintain a strong working knowledge of mill processes and their impact on environmental performance that allows each facility to enable our operations teams to meet their environmental obligations
The Experience You Will Bring
Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering, Environmental Management, Environmental Science, or a related field (e.g., Pulp and Paper)
- Five (5+) or more years of environmental regulatory air experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment
- Experience leading projects, people, and/or teams
What Will Put You Ahead
- Registration as a Professional Engineer
- Experience in leading air environmental programs in a large manufacturing environment, specifically in the Pacific Northwest (Oregon and Washington)
- Experience with developing and improving strategic plans related to air programs
- Pulp and paper process and regulatory knowledge
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf