Genesis Robotics & Motion Technologies – Quality Engineer
At Genesis, there is no such thing as a dull moment. The path we are on is full of excitement, energy and exploring new frontiers. Picture having your own front row seat to the robotics revolution and the future of motion technologies. This is the journey Genesis has traveled since the company’s inception. The best part? We are just getting started.
With the launch of our first product and many more to come, we are looking for a motivated and dedicated Quality Engineer to join our fast-growing Quality team. You will be pivotal in developing best practices as we scale our manufacturing capability and capacity.
Reporting to the Quality Manager, you will collaborate with high-caliber manufacturing professionals as well as a talented array of engineers from multiple disciplines to institute quality assurance and quality control plans for our robot actuators. Successful candidates will have a hunger for entrepreneurial environments and creative problem solving.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Focus is on parts/products we make internally
- Set up manufacturing quality engineering processes and documentation (e.g. process flow, inspection routines, tests, PFMEA, control plans)
- Develop qualification plans and prepare qualification reports in accordance with customer or international standards
- Initiate, investigate, and participate in root cause analysis, and corrective and preventative action plans for non-conformances
- Take lead in problem-solving; teaching and coordinating problem-solving for Continuous Improvement
- Create system to monitor and track internal scrap; drive yield improvements using root cause analysis and SPC
- Understand the customer’s application and testing criteria to test for compliance
- Act as a liaison between customers and Genesis on quality issues
The Experience You Will Bring
- Degree in science or engineering
- Intermediate to senior level expertise and experience as a Quality Engineer
- General Quality knowledge - understanding of measurement techniques, measurement systems analysis, inspection sampling plans, quality tools, 8D problem solving, and root cause analysis
- Strong influencing skills; enjoys collaborating with people and teams from all levels and backgrounds
- Highly effective in teaching/coaching, and in facilitating discussions
- High level of integrity and honesty
- Ability to balance between multiple priorities
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings
- Manufacturing and engineering skills – knowledgeable about manufacturing processes and engineering principles to make informed judgments and recommendations
- Strong time management skills and multi-tasking capabilities
- Strong negotiation and communication skills
What Will Put You Ahead:
- Experience in a durable goods, electro-mechanical assembly type manufacturing setting (electric motors or gears experience preferred)
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer designation
- ASQ Certified Quality Auditor
- Knowledge of APQP concepts including PPAP, DFMEA, and PFMEA
- Working knowledge of GD&T
Who is Genesis Robotics?
Genesis Robotics & Motion Technologies develops and commercializes innovative actuation technologies, including electric motors and gears, for robotics and other end markets. Our core patented product is a high-torque direct drive robotic actuator – the LiveDrive™. The LiveDrive™, along with a growing portfolio of other motion technologies, will power the world’s fastest, safest, and most versatile robots.
Located in Langley, British Columbia, our rapidly growing team is currently made up of 150+ individuals with diverse skillsets: PhD engineers, designers, physicists, mathematicians, highly skilled machinists and fabricators, and business development and sales professionals.
Part of the Koch family of companies since April 2018, we are able to leverage the capabilities and strength of one of the world’s largest private companies as we look to bring our technologies to the world.
See more at our website: https://genesisrobotics.com/
our Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD5azmfUwUcfAvJn8jl1_eg
and on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/17962496/