Georgia-Pacific Mailers is Hiring!
Georgia-Pacific has openings for Quality Technicians at our new state-of-the-art CLIMATE-CONTROLLED manufacturing facility in McDonough, GA.
Quality Technicians help maintain constant quality during production by inspecting and measuring product samples and communicating the data to the broader team. The Quality Technicians enable quick responses to correct defects and/or process issues by effective communication and working alongside the Operations team, the R&D team, and GP Leaders. They will also be an integral part in verifying processes to aid in continuous improvement. The objective is that the Customer receives only high-quality product. These are developmental positions with growth potential in the facility as well as across Georgia-Pacific.
Find out more about our new mailers facility by clicking here: Mailers - Packaging & Cellulose | Georgia-Pacific (gppackaging.com)
This role works a Dupont schedule (rotating 24/7 shifts) which ends up giving you 13 weeks a year off and only working 14 days out of the month. What is a Dupont Schedule? Click here to find out.
We offer competitive compensation with the opportunity to earn overtime, health and dental benefits programs, paid time off/holidays and a 401k with an employer match and opportunities for career growth!! Come join our team
This position starts at $18.50 /hr
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Verifying that all materials are correct and accounted for on all jobs based on the envelope format being produced and as instructed by the line operator
- Performing and maintaining department quality as required by standard operating procedures
- Stay up to date on procedures related to quality inspections, specification limits and sampling frequency
- Monitor packaging for defects outside of established specification limits, correct and report any non-conformance issues
- Printing labels when needed and maintaining pallet flags as required
- Maintaining an open dialogue with supervision and other employees to minimize delays
- Updating upcoming shift so information is passed on accurately
- Maintaining a clean working environment
- Monitor all jobs for manufacturing defects and report any non-conformance issues
- Comply and see that sector employees comply with ALL standard operational procedures
- Verify processes by performing internal audits
- Perform other duties and / or projects as assigned
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School diploma or GED
- Availability to work any shift, holidays and overtime as needed
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations
- Basic computer skills
What Will Put You Ahead
- 1+ years experience operating production machinery
- Experience performing quality checks according to standard operating procedures
- Experience working with Microsoft Office
- Experience working in a converting operation
Other Considerations/Physical Requirements:
- This role works rotating 24x7 shifts (12 hours), with a 7-day break in every 28-day period.
- Willing and able to work on your feet for prolonged periods of time and lift up to 35lbs. occasionally
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com