Field Service Engineer (FSE)
When you are looking at a city’s skyline or homes and schools, chances are you’re seeing our products. Through Guardian Glass, a Guardian Industries company, we make high- performance, energy efficient glass for homes and buildings.
And perhaps most of all, we make the ideas, formulas and processes that make these products possible. Guardian Industries is 18,000 people working to make products that improve people’s lives! To Learn more, visit our website at: https://www.guardian.com
Guardian Glass is seeking you to become our next Field Service Engineer (FSE)!
What You Will Do In Your Role
Guardian’s Field Service Engineers (FSE) provide on-site and remote technical support to Guardian customers. The position is part of the U.S. and Canada FSE group and has primary responsibility for customers in the Northeast U.S., Ontario, and Quebec. The following points summarize FSE responsibilities:
- Partner with customers to meet and exceed the requirements and guidelines of the various Select Fabricator certification programs established by Guardian.
- Assist the Select Fabricator with the identification and implementation of Manufacturing KPIs and cost of product quality initiatives.
- Develop and deliver continuous improvement and training to designated Select Fabricator locations, assisting site personnel by sharing best practices, policies, and procedures to meet and exceed established quality and production goals.
- Partner with the sales and quality groups to identify the highest priority customers.
- Lead the initial response to identified field quality complaints. Utilize appropriate technical tools, including coating detectors, optical quality tools, and photo spectrometers to diagnose and communicate root cause.
- Provide technical support for new product launches at major customers, to include training of key personnel.
- Create written reports, letters, summaries, as appropriate, to share issues, findings, and recommendations with customers and internally within Guardian.
- Demonstrate focus and urgency in responding to customer issues.
The Experience You Will Bring
- A four-year technical college degree is strongly preferred. Associate degree or two-year certificate in a technical field can be considered if the candidate has significant technical or equivalent experience. Formal quality or other certifications are an advantage.
- Experienced in field service, technical support, or production support in a technical or manufacturing environment.
- Background in structured, team-oriented problem solving.
- Work independently with moderate supervision, and to prioritize monthly activities based on customer demand and Guardian internal priorities.
- Willingness to travel ~50% within territory as required to fulfill job responsibilities, sometimes with minimal notice.
This position will work from a home office with a target location in the Detroit metropolitan area or the Northeastern U.S.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com