Koch Fertilizer Enid is the largest Nitrogen Fertilizer Plant within Koch, and one of the largest in all of North America. This is an outstanding opportunity to be part of our growing organization, facility and support structure. We are seeking an Instrumentation Technician to join our Maintenance team in Enid, Oklahoma. Success in this role offers the opportunity for career advancement within all of Koch.
This position works Monday – Thursday (7:00 AM-5:30 PM) but will require Fridays when needed and will occasionally respond to callouts and work overtime as needed. This position works outdoors in various weather conditions and on occasion the Instrumentation Technicians will work at heights exceeding 100 feet.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Calibration, installation, verification, and validation of Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS), Distributed Control Systems (DCS), Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA), Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) Human Machine Interface (HMI) systems
- Manage daily maintenance workflow activities utilizing a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Perform preventive maintenance, repair, or replacement of a variety of instruments including but not limited to, flow, level, pressure, temperature, vibration, variable frequency drives, electric motors, and analyzers
- Inspection, testing, adjustment, and repair of electric, electronic, mechanical, and pneumatic instruments and systems used to control, indicate, and record operations at our Enid facility
- Improve, develop, and implement maintenance process improvements and efficiencies
- Ability to be medically approved to participate in the respiratory protection and HAZWOPER programs
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in designated areas
- Lift 50 lbs from floor to waist
- Pushing and pulling up to 50 lbs.
- Grip strength of 60 lbs static force
- Forward bend standing
- Low work including kneeling/squatting
- Climb a ladder and stairs
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Able to meet physical requirements of role
- Meet one of the following requirements:
- Degree, Certification, or coursework in a mechanical, industrial, instrumentation, electrical or similar field OR
- Mechanical experience within an industrial environment
What Will Put You Ahead
- Technical/Trade School degree OR certificate from an accredited institution, or verifiable relevant experience in the instrumentation field
- Instrument Society of America (ISA) training or electrical certification
- Experience in a process or manufacturing plant
- Experience with supporting pre-startup check out of new equipment including Quality Assurance checks
- Experience and understanding of documentation best practices
This role is not eligible for Sponsorship.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf