R&D Product Development Specialist - Electronics Integration
***$5,000.00 Signing Bonus Eligible!***
***This role may be eligible for VISA sponsorship!***
Guardian Industries is looking to hire the newest member of our Research and Development group as a R&D Product Development Specialist - Electronics Integration based out of our Science & Technology Center in Carleton, MI
This role is the perfect blend of hands-on engineering and the advancement of product technology. With a focus on embedded electronic technology product development, the selected individual will collaborate on cross functional teams. This role creates value by supporting the product development of novel products such as a new glass shading system through planning, testing & validation development, and leveraging automation & firmware technology. Ideal candidates are organized professionals with excellent analytical & communication skills. Use your analytical skills, curiosity, and passion for technology to develop drive cutting edge products to market. Come transform with us!
At Guardian R&D, we create products that shape the very landscape of our cities and towns. From commercial to residential, Guardian is helping the world see what is possible through coated glass products. This position will be located in our Carleton, MI Science and Technology Center responsible for developing products that reduce energy consumption, improve comfort to offices and homes, and helping make buildings beautiful.
What You Will Do In Your Role
For the right individual who is looking for their next challenge, you would be responsible for the following:
- Supporting Product Development on a novel glass shading system and related technologies
- Creating, maintaining, and communicating Product Development Plans to ensure a shared understanding between the research team and pilot production team
- Creating and executing test plans and reports
- Fabricating test jigs and tooling setups
- Developing custom software/firmware to support new product design and validation
- Analyzing and driving the understanding of electronic hardware failures and lead the repair efforts and mitigation
- Working closely with other engineers and scientists to develop future designs and features of customer facing electronics
- Managing creation and submission of test samples and interface with regulatory agencies
- Ensuring the best knowledge is understood and shared to guide the team regarding compliance
- Serving as the technical SME in developing custom process equipment and electronics integration
- Supporting needs of product development and pilot production
- Advancing/deepening the underlying knowledge of our products and production processes
- Working in multi-cultural and functional teams globally
- Clearly presenting and communicating ideas, concepts, and plans across multiple levels
- Learning and adapting to new challenges and skill requirements
The Experience You Will Bring
- Technical education and work experience in electronics hardware and software development to include:
- Experience with troubleshooting and repairing PCBAs.
- Embedded C++ experience
- Experience developing product validation testing; tests to include test hardware & software experience (i.e., Visual Studio, LabView, or related testing software)
- Factory automation firmware experience (i.e. PLC, HMI)
- Experience working with microcontrollers, analog, and digital signals
- Experience with product development as it relates to
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Electronics, or Physics is highly desirable
- Two (2) or more years' experience with consumer electronics
- Experience with communication technologies and protocols including RS-485, Ethernet, and Z-Wave
- SQL experience
- Experience with sensing technology including non-contact proximity, force, speed, temperature, and humidity.
- Experience with high voltage applications.
- Demonstration of mechanical aptitude, designing and building jigs and fixtures.
- Ability to conduct design and process failure modes and effects analysis
- Experience with complex projects; ability to analyze problems quickly; development of corrective actions
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com