Senior Manager – Public Affairs and Communications
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Senior Manager – Public Affairs and Communications to join the Corporate Public Affairs group at our global headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia. We are seeking entrepreneurial candidates who have a passion for applying their knowledge and skills in communication and public affairs, particularly working to support manufacturing operations.
Position will be based in Atlanta and may require between 25% - 40% travel.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Consulting, counseling and aligning with Senior Level Operations leaders and manufacturing site managers on strategic communications for all employees, including:
- Helping build communication capability with leaders and supervisors so that they are better able to deliver on business vision and priorities (safety, environmental performance, productivity, cost competitiveness, etc.)
- Partner with business and other capability leads (HR, Finance, Legal) to ensure connectivity and foster collaboration
- Leveraging communication to support technology transformation examples and best practices from manufacturing sites
- Partnering with Senior Level Operations leaders and manufacturing site managers to ensure optimal relationships with key community stakeholders
- Leverage site-based investments, EHS accomplishments, etc.
- Provide counsel and ownership with local government interaction (city and county) and partner with Koch Public Sector team for state and federal matters
- Advise on reputation management opportunities in local communities
- Advise operations leadership and manufacturing site managers on philanthropic strategies
- Partnering with Georgia-Pacific’s Corporate Environmental and Legal Team to manage government and community relations related to legacy industrial sites.
- Providing crisis communication support to sites
- Serving as primary spokesperson and media relations manager for site-based communications
- Collaborating and proactive knowledge sharing with communications team supporting operations
- Providing strategic counsel on deployment of new communication technologies
- Partnering with third-parties as needed to accomplish key responsibilities
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications or related field with 10+ years of public affairs and communications experience
- Experience interacting with elected officials, local economic development groups, school districts, advisory panels, community groups, etc.
- Experience supporting and consulting with senior leadership and strategic thinking
- Experience with project management
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Direct experience supporting manufacturing/operations either at a manufacturing site or supporting senior operations leaders
- Experience measuring the effect of communication on employee engagement and business performance
- Experience communicating with employees who do not sit at a computer
- Knowledge of Associated Press (AP) writing style
- Experience in various Microsoft tools including Word, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook and SharePoint
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf