At Georgia-Pacific, we don’t believe that a job is just simply a job. We see each role as a career and a way to advance your knowledge and expertise to not only better your life, but your community as a whole. If you are someone who wants to work for a company that will value your skills and ideas, then we have the perfect opportunity for you. Start your career as a Production Operator at our Sweetwater, TX facility. Hourly pay is $22.75/hr.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Ensure machines are set up properly and performing optimally
- Troubleshoot and make machine adjustments as needed
- Contribute to the site’s safety record by ensuring the team works safely
- Perform basic asset care duties and routine preventative maintenance on equipment
- Work as a team to help meet or exceed production, waste and quality goals
- Clean work area throughout assigned shifts to ensure an orderly and safe environment
- Enter data to maintain accurate records of orders shipped
- Work 8 and 12 hours rotating shift, holidays, weekends and overtime as needed
- Work in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment
- Perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for at least twelve (12) hours a day
- Maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
The Experience You Will Bring
- One (1) year or more of previous experience working in a production, warehouse, industrial, farming, construction, manufacturing or military environment
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience identifying, analyzing and troubleshooting quality issues and manufacturing equipment
- Experience working with construction materials i.e. lumber, gypsum, plaster, brick, insulation, etc.
- Experience operating a forklift
- Experience using a computer for record-keeping and documentation functions
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf