Intellectual Property Assistant
Koch Companies Public Sector (KCPS), a subsidiary of Koch Industries, is seeking a full-time Intellectual Property Coordinator to be a valued team member of Koch’s integrated Intellectual Property legal capability. This role will provide support to the Intellectual Property paralegals and attorneys as outlined below. This would be an ideal position for someone who has been working as an administrative assistant supporting an intellectual property practice for at least 3 years or has worked as a docketing clerk along with additional intellectual property support responsibilities.
KCPS is a shared-services company that provides legal, government and public affairs services to affiliates of Koch Industries around the world. Based in Wichita, Kansas, Koch Industries is one of the largest private companies in America. It owns a diverse group of companies involved in refining and chemicals; process and pollution control equipment and technologies; minerals; fertilizers; polymers and fibers; commodity trading and services; glass; forest and consumer products; building products; packaging; electronics; software solutions; and ranching. Koch companies have a presence in nearly 60 countries and employ over 100,000 people.
This role is open to candidates located in Wichita, KS; Auburn Hills, MI; Lisle, IL or Atlanta, GA.
What You Will Do In Your Role
Provide support to the Intellectual Property legal capability team and Koch’s global Intellectual Property portfolio, including:
- Assisting attorneys and paralegals with global prosecution, maintenance, and renewals of the global Intellectual Property portfolios for Koch Industries and affiliated companies.
- Providing attorneys and paralegals with support in filing various documents with trademark, copyright and patent offices, globally.
- Communicating with our network of outside Intellectual Property counsel and vendors, globally, providing them with necessary documents and other information required for their supports of our portfolios, maintaining accurate and current contact and coverage lists, and coordinating file transfers.
- Communicating with Koch business clients and gathering information and documents to support global Intellectual Property prosecution and maintenance.
- Assisting attorneys and paralegals with detail-oriented and critical tasks, including (but not limited to) assignment recordals, formality documents, declarations, powers of attorney, legalization, apostilles, and related documents.
- Collaborating closely with Koch Legal Operations team on various matters and projects, including updates to and maintenance of Intellectual Property portfolio data.
- Creating custom reports from our Intellectual Property docketing system in support of client strategy work and M&A work.
- Special projects to support the Intellectual Property capability legal team as they arise.
The Experience You Will Bring
- 3+ years of previous IP experience
- Experience and high comfort level in working with intellectual property docketing systems, all Microsoft Office 365 products and Microsoft Teams
What Will Put You Ahead
- Prior experience with Memotech and First to File systems
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf